Competition #: (I) F 2019-01
Position Title: Recruitment and Admissions Officer
Who We Are:
The Maritime College of Forest Technology (MCFT) was established in 1946 primarily to retrain and reintegrate returning World War II Veterans into the workforce. Today, MCFT’s focus is on educating future leaders for work in the natural resource sectors within government, industry, private and non-profit organizations.
What We Offer:
MCFT values employees and their contributions in achieving organizational goals and objectives. As a commitment to employees, MCFT offers a healthy work environment, benefits package and encourages job-related professional training and development.
Who We Are Looking For:
MCFT is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual to join the administrative team at the Fredericton Campus. Reporting to the College Administrator, the Recruitment and Admissions Officerwill be responsible for the organization, management, and maintenance of all information and processes beginning with student inquiry and ending with student enrollment at MCFT.
The ideal applicant will:
- Act as a liaison between MCFT and prospective students fielding any inquiries related to programs, program content, employment possibilities, applications, and all other recruitment/admissions related items.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with high school guidance counselors and other educators in the Maritime Provinces.
- Research other similar university and college programs to maintain an understanding of market competition and program similarities/differences.
- Participate in the Atlantic Association of Registrars and Admissions Officers (AARAO) fall recruitment tour, and other non-AARAO recruitment events, conferences, and fairs, throughout the year to promote MCFT across the Maritimes.
- Schedule visits in high schools across the Maritimes when possible to promote MCFT.
- Maintain an internal database of student inquiries, applications, and residence assignments to facilitate the generation of a variety of student lists in preparation for the academic year.
- Aid in generating and maintaining basic entrance statistics related to student demographics.
- Liaise with faculties/staff on both MCFT campuses to ensure that changes in programs, policies, facilities, and services are communicated to prospective students in an efficient manner.
- Actively maintain all MCFT social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn), and the institutional email account.
- Take the lead on the creation, design, development, and/or maintenance of all MCFT print media and promotional materials.
- Design, order, inventory, and manage the sale of MCFT merchandise/swag.
- Represent MCFT recruitment on other committees or panels when necessary.
- Organize and conduct campus tours for interested students.
- Participate in community events (when possible) to maintain MCFT’s community presence.
- Oversee the administration of entrance/graduation scholarships, awards, and bursaries.
- Assist with other events/activities & administrative tasks at MCFT as required.
- Sound knowledge of MCFT, its history, culture, facilities, and programs.
- Excellent written and oral language skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the Maritimes during the academic year and the summer.
- Self-confidence, creativity, charisma, a positive outlook, and a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- A valid Class 5 NB driver’s license.
- Ability to work irregular hours/weekends when necessary.
- strong organizational skills.
- strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- strong networking and relationship building skills.
- excellent time management skills, and ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a group setting.
- the ability to make decisions independently.
- the skills required to manage an operational budget.
The following will be considered assets:
- Proficiency in, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, ArcMap, photography, and various audio and video editing software.
- Ability to speak French.
- A diploma in Forest Technology from MCFT.
MCFT Advanced Fish & Wildlife Program experience and any other university/college experience will be considered an asset.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and a copy of their resume to MCFT by email at the address listed below. Your cover letter and resume should demonstrate in detail how you meet the requirements outlined above and why you feel you would be a quality candidate for this position.
Please reference the Competition # in the subject line of your email.
Posting Date: June 14, 2019
Salary Range: $40,504-$48,507
Duration: 1-year contract with the possibility for extension
Application Deadline: June 28, 2019
Please Note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MCFT is committed to an equal opportunity work environment.
Thank you for your interest in joining the MCFT team!
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $40,504.00 to $48,507.00 /year