Job Posting #:
Rate of Pay:
Joseph Brant Hospital is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton-Niagara's Top Employers for five consecutive years in a row. Our vision is compassionate care and exemplary service-every time. Our Maternal & Child Unit is seeking a regular full-time Clerk III who shares this vision.
Internal employees must apply by midnight on July 7, 2020.
The Clerk III responsibilities involve coordinating the orderly flow of patients and visitors in and out of the department, reception and clerical activities within the department, and the dissemination and co-ordination of general information.
- Medical Office Administration Diploma or equivalent required; knowledge gained through past experience.
- Qualified applicants must possess word processing computer experience in a hospital information system.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Ability to transcribe orders is required
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities in a fast paced environment required
- Demonstrated accurate typing skills with typing speed of at least 40 w.p.m. is required (testing will be conducted).
- Medical terminology and accurate spelling is required.
- You must be able to work independently in a busy environment with good public relations skills while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks is essential.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality and performance required
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the "Apply for Job" button and proceed with the necessary steps. Please note that although we appreciate each and every application, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community hospital, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the chance to join JBH as it embraces the possibilities of a new vision, a new Strategic Plan, and begins the largest capital redevelopment in its history. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other.
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.