Company description :
At Valtech, we imagine and create the world of tomorrow!
With more than 5,000 digital innovators, creative minds, developers, designers, and experts working in 62 offices around the world, Valtech is known for its end-user-focused approach and its innovative spirit.
At Valtech, we are passionate about our three values: Share, Dare, and Care. And we’re always thinking about the people behind our digital projects, whether they’re our clients or our employees.
In Montreal, the Valtech family’s hub of innovation, we’re a passionate group with one objective in mind: to create unique and personalized experiences to help our clients grow and to improve their lives!
We are seeking a senior backend or fullstack developer who will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining web applications based on a microservices architecture. You will work closely with other members of the development team, architects, project managers, and internal or external clients.
In practical terms, on a daily basis, you will be expected to:
Work closely with project managers, analysts, the quality assurance department, and solution architects to deliver solutions on time and within our clients' budget.
- Work in a team in continuous communication with the client.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of projects.
- Contribute to the evolution of our production methods and tools.
- Prepare for the future to support new projects.
- Create elegant and performant code regardless of the application framework.
- Apply your knowledge to resolve frontend or backend challenges.
Mastery of Typescript and associated frameworks (Node.js, Express, Nest, etc.).
- Knowledge of backend languages such as Java, Python, or .NET is a plus. You should be adaptable to project needs and used technologies.
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP) and deployment and orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, etc.).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (GitLab, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, etc.) and development best practices (unit testing, continuous integration, code review, etc.).
- Understanding of composable architecture principles and their benefits for modularity, reusability, and scalability of web applications.
- Proficiency in React and Next or equivalent frontend framework is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines and quality requirements.
Our high regard for life outside of work.
- Our values of authenticity and diversity.
- Our varied projects, which may involve working with colleagues on the other side of the world!
- Our intrapreneurial mindset, which encourages initiative from all employees.
- Our innovation programs and openness to new ideas.
- Our social activities, the relaxed atmosphere, and the desire that everyone has a place in the agency.