This position is located at the Ajax/Pickering Depot. Reporting to the Manager of Maintenance Operations, the incumbent will:
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage maintenance operations at the Depot
- Direct, supervise and co-ordinate the on-going evaluation of the works methods and proficiency of the operations
- Investigate public complaints and recommend solutions which comply with Regional Policies
- Co-ordinate, monitor and manage the quality of maintenance activities and work projects performed by staff
- Liaise with other divisions, departments and outside agencies
- Seek improvements in services, revise programs and recommend changes in policies
- Interact with management and union representatives to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Depot
- Manage the proper use of fleet vehicles and equipment
- Manage the proper utilization of the buildings and grounds facilities
- Prepare, monitor and manage the capital, overhead and operations budgets
The successful applicant will possess:
- A post-secondary diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Registration or eligible for registration as a Civil Engineering Technologist with O.A.C.E.T.T.
- A Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change valid Class II Water Distribution Certificate and Class I Wastewater Collection Licence
- Extensive work-related experience with all maintenance activities associate with roads, bridges, water and sewage systems.
- Several years of work related experience in the Construction and/or Maintenance Operations field in a supervisory role.- Knowledge and understanding of MTO Traffic and Design Manual, maintenance operations quality and performance standards, Provincial maintenance standards, Plumbing Codes, Union Contracts, Regional Design Guidelines, Water and Sewer By-Laws, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Several years of work-related experience with employee and labour relations
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software, PeopleSoft FIMS and HCM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, leadership, public relations, influential, interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution, management and organizational skills
- A valid Ontario Class G Driver's Licence
Candidates who do not possess a Class II Water Distribution Certificate and a Class I Wastewater Collection Licence are eligible to apply but must write and pass the required certificate and license.
Management & Exempt Salary Grade 7
- Salary: $99,014 to $123,768 per annum
Conditions of Employment
Proof of education, qualifications and any other job bona fide requirements will be required prior to start date.
External Application Process
Come find a home where exciting and rewarding careers are balanced with your lifestyle. We thank all applicants; however, only those being considered will be contacted. Please apply online (www.durham.ca) no later than midnight on the closing date indicated on the Job Posting.
Job Type: Full-time