Job Title: Service Technician (Summer Student)
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Business Unit: Minto & Minto Apartment REIT
Why join Minto?
We are an award winning, and fully integrated real estate company, offering new homes and condos, rentals, furnished suites, property and investment management. Since our humble beginnings in 1955, we’ve built over 85,000 new homes, manage 8,800 rental units, and carry 2.5 million square feet of commercial space. Our investment management portfolio spans $2.5 billion in assets. With over 1,100 employees in Canada and the southern USA, we proudly build better places for people to live, work and play, one home and one relationship at a time, collectively embracing our values – Accomplishment, Courage, Innovation, and Partnership -- in all that we do.
As we continue to evolve and grow, we are faced with an ever changing environment where there is ample opportunity to try something new. We believe in hiring the best people who are as committed to creating incredible experiences for our customers as we are. We pride ourselves on flexibility – extending beyond a competitive total rewards package, to include a platform for career and professional development, a reward and recognition program, tuition and professional designation reimbursement, employee discounts on new homes and rentals, flexible summer hours, and so much more. Join us to find out how you can be a part of it all
The Service Technician is responsible for contributing to best in class customer experience by performing general building maintenance and repairs, for all in-suite and common areas, as assigned by the Maintenance Service Coordinator
What you’ll be responsible for day to day:
- Complete in-suite turnover activities, including both light and heavy maintenance; this could include repair or replacement of appliances, kitchen or bathroom fixtures, basic carpentry, etc;
- Complete assigned service requests for both in-suite (interior and exterior) and common area issues in a timely manner;
- Take initiative to correct deficiencies as necessary by maintaining clean and garbage free lobbies, hallways, and properties, replacement of light bulbs, plumbing, electrical etc;
- May be required to complete scheduled (daily, weekly, monthly etc) preventative maintenance inspections of building envelope and mechanical systems and equipment, recording readings and observations. This includes boiler readings, DHW readings, supply and re-circulation pumps, garage exhaust fans, rooftop exhaust fans, air unit operation; (including recreation centre, pools, saunas and hot tubs where applicable);
- May be required to work with contractors and monitor work progress;
- May be required to complete annual and turnover suite inspections;
- Log any mechanical, electrical or other issues, including the completion of daily logs;
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all electrical, mechanical and work areas; as well as supply and storage areas;
- Administrative duties may include using our ERP tool, SAP, to document service requests and the resolution thereof;
- Ensure all areas are free of hazards and where not able to resolve, ensure management are informed for immediate resolution;
- Perform all facets of the job in accordance with the legislation applicable to the jurisdiction, including: Health and Safety standards, WHMIS, AODA, PIPEDA and Human Rights;
- All other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by management.
Who we’re looking for:
Education: High school diploma is required. A trade certificate or license would be considered an asset.
Experience: A minimum of two years of relevant work experience or an apprenticeship or combination thereof.
Specialized Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to complete appliance repairs, routine plumbing repairs, repairs and maintenance requiring carpentry skills, painting, and basic electrical repairs
- Ability to safely use and maintain tools of the job
- Knowledge of mechanical and HVAC systems
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook
- Communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Shows Initiative and demonstrates sense of ownership
Minto is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)