Community Event Coordinator
Job Type: Contract, 30 hours a week with flexible hours
Date of Entry: As soon as possible
Location: Beloeil (with the possibility of working remotely)
You will be called upon to manage the budget, schedule and quality of projects. This includes participating in various team meetings and working closely with the Community Outreach Coordinator and Program Manager. You will be expected to maintain an excellent relationship with our partners.
- Work closely with the team in project planning, budget schedules and related matters
- Develop, coordinate and facilitate activities or programs for the benefit of the English-speaking population of the ME
- Ensure that activities contribute to the achievement of project objectives
- Collaborate with the ED in the preparation of various reports
- Participate in local and/or regional meetings and symposia on health issues on behalf of MEPEC
- Explore and facilitate the development of partnerships with community and/or public organizations.
- To be able to evaluate projects in which MEPEC is involved
- Performs other related duties related to the objectives of MEPEC.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of autonomy, adaptability and flexibility
- A strong team spirit
- University degree or college diploma in a field related to administration, humanities or project management
- Experience in planning with a proven ability to meet deadlines, project management, evaluations and financial budgeting (minimum 2 years experience)
- Experience in community and social development
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time
- Written and oral bilingualism (French and English)
- Use Microsoft Office suites effectively
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a car
Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Sometimes the person may have to work evenings or weekends.
- MEPEC office is in Beloeil, but the person will need to travel occasionally.
- The salary ranges for this position is from $20.00 to $22.00 per hour depending on experience.
Interested candidates should send a letter of intent in English, explaining why they wish to work for MEPEC, as well as their résumé in English to the attention of Ms. Karoll-Ann Carrier, no later than November 27, 2020, by e-mail (Please mention in the subject line of your e-mail *Community Event Coordinator Job posting).
We thank all applicants for their application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted; applications received without a letter of intent will not be considered.
Heures à temps partiel : 30 par semaine
Date limite de candidature : 2020-11-27
Type d'emploi : Temps Partiel, Contractuel
Salaire : à partir de 20,00$ par heure
- Assurance Dentaire
- Assurance Invalidité
- Assurance Maladie Complémentaire
- Assurance Vie
- Assurance Vision
- Congés de Vacances et Compensatoires
- Horaires flexibles
- Stationnement sur place
- Tenue Décontractée
- Travail à Distance
- community development: 3 ans (Requis)
- Temporairement en raison de la COVID-19