The Sales Analyst reports to the Controller and will be an active participant in the Sales, Production and Finance teams. The primary responsibility of this role is to assist the Sales team in the preparation and dissemination of analysis of sales and marketing activities to profitably grow our business. There will also be opportunities to be involved in all facets of the business, from sourcing to production to finance and strategic planning.
What We Do:
We provide the design and construction community with inspiring architectural products for thoughtful spaces. We believe that our team, inspired by a vision and fueled with passion, will achieve the extraordinary.
The Longboard head office and principal manufacturing facility are located in Abbotsford, British Columbia. Situated in the Fraser Valley, just 60km east of Vancouver, Abbotsford is a quickly growing, diverse and family-friendly city with a lot to offer! Our brand new state-of-the-art modern corporate office and manufacturing facility features a fitness center, available electric car charging stations, and is in close proximity to Highway 1 for a quick commute from anywhere in the Lower Mainland.
Here at Longboard, we value every team member, offering full benefit options including health spending, employee assistance, RRSP matching, a profit-share program, and frequent team-building events as well as playing an active role in our community. Join a workplace where you can grow, be challenged, and become part of our team atmosphere.
What You Will Do:
- Generate customized sales reports upon request as well as weekly/monthly reports
- Compile data from internal and external systems to analyze, evaluate and report actionable insights/analytics in support of ongoing business decisions and initiatives
- Analyze sales data & trends and identify opportunities to convert them to sales successes
- Provide budget variance analysis
- Develop forecasting and planning tools
- Co-ordinate and monitor pricing changes and ensure accuracy of price lists, customer discounts, rebates, etc.
- Creating and presenting compelling analysis to the various stakeholder, including the executive team
- Where needed, lean in with various stakeholders in the Company to drive special projects, adding key analytic insight and organization
- Other duties and projects as required
Who You Are:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Post-secondary Diploma or Degree preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office, advanced Excel skills, and ability to learn new software
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with solid financial/accounting competencies
- Sound communication and people skills
- High level of self-motivation and initiative
- Strong team orientation, dependable and a proven ability to work well with others
- Ability to work efficiently/effectively under pressure in a multi-tasking, high priority environment
- Inquisitive mindset and desire to learn
We are looking for people who:Identify with our Purpose:
- Collaborative: Seek to foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships. Team players should be humble, hungry, and smart.
- Curious: You have a penchant for seeking out new experiences, knowledge, and candid feedback and an openness to learning and change
- Organized: Independently prioritize assignments consistent with business goals.
We help make the world a better place when Longboard products are chosen to enhance inspiring design!
Share Our Values:
Strive for Greatness:
- People Come First
- We are in this together
- There is always a better way
- Committed to compassionate acts and human flourishing
Built on the belief that a great workplace can be a fantastic development ground for learning the disciplines which lead to living a great life, Longboard is committed to putting our people first and working together to achieve audacious goals.
Working at Longboard is fun, rewarding, fulfilling, and challenging. Our team is Innovative, Passionate and Dedicated to bringing the best products to the market and to provide Radical Client Care, Relentless Executional Improvement and Revolutionary Product
We thank everyone for their interest but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.