St. Francis Xavier University, located in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, is a top ranking Canadian university focused on academic excellence, innovation in teaching and research, service to society and international outreach.
We are seeking an Academic Technologist who will join the Information Technology Services (ITS) Service & Support team to provide exceptional support to the Academic community. This position is responsible to the Academic Vice President and Provost as the Chair of the Academic Computing Committee and reports to the Manager, Academic Technology and User Support Services. This position is in salary band 8 of the NSGEU Collective Agreement with an hourly salary range of $28.35 to $34.67. This contract is for 40 hours per week for 52 weeks starting in May, 2020.
- Primary administrator of the campus learning management systems (Moodle), including supporting the development and administration of courses and trouble-shooting front-end technical issues for faculty and students
- Administration and support of other academic systems as required, including sourcing solutions.
- Researching trends in instructional technology and coordinating technology services that support faculty in exploring/advancing the integration of current and emerging technologies as tools for enhancing teaching, learning and research.
- Facilitating a faculty learning community focused on the integration of technology in a student-centered environment.
- Coordination, design and delivery of technology-related professional development programs via a variety of formats to enable effective use of technology and specialized tools in the teaching and learning environments.
- Demonstrating strong customer service and communication skills along with experience in facilitating professional technology orientation, training and support sessions on the use of the classroom media presentation/instructional systems, course management system, web applications, and relevant academic software.
- Bachelors Degree with experience as a facilitator/instructor.
- Two to three years experience in related position required.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows & Apple MacOS operating systems, VMware Fusion, Office Productivity Suites (Windows/Mac), mobile devices such as Android phones/tablets, iPhones/iPods/iPads and be able to learn quickly how to operate and integrate new devices and software applications.
- Knowledge and experience supporting learning course management systems (Moodle) in a college or university setting.
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills with strong attention to detail and a proven track record of meeting deadlines and service level objectives.
- The position requires flexible working hours, including on-call after hours support
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.35 to $34.67 /hour