Assistant Store Manager - 2851 Eglinton Avenue West, York, ON. This role is for a future new store opening coming September 2021!
Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
Influential, innovative, and progressive. At High Tea, powered by Jima Cannabis, our passion is all things cannabis. We aspire to provide a safe and uplifting experience, influencing cannabis culture through our dedicated curation, innovative social concepts, and adaptive customer service. Founded in 2020, High Tea, powered by Jima Cannabis, is a lifestyle cannabis company selling legal recreational cannabis products and accessories in Canada.
You will play an integral role in growing a new lifestyle cannabis brand within the Canadian retail space.
Our retail team works together to create best-in-class customer experiences that focus on education and curated product delivery. By being knowledgeable, friendly and inviting, our retail teams are committed to building positive relationships with our customers and contribute to a culture that is agile, innovative, and fun.
Assistant Store Manager
Full-time | Permanent
As Assistant Store Manager, you are an inspiring leader who can naturally motivate people around you. You are responsible for all aspects of the store and brand in your respective market and treat the store as if it was your own. You’ll bring entrepreneurial flair, business acumen and leadership abilities to bring your store to life. You’ll help set monthly sales goals, overseeing retail operations, and coach your team of future leaders.
You’ll report to the General Manager, supporting the strategy, vision and High Tea’s overall business and brand objectives. As a leader, you hire, develop, and train the best retail team to ensure a world-class customer experience. You’ll work toward creating a culture that balances financial results and an execution focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere.
What you’ll do:
- Build authentic relationships and connections with our customers, connecting a “best in class” experience to High Tea’s brand and culture
- Assess customer needs, providing information and recommendations about products, care and maintenance of merchandise.
- Represent the brand at all times when in-store and on the road
- Foster an environment of positivity, integrity and teamwork
- Make strategic and timely decisions to solve customer issues at the moment.
- Maintain knowledge of in-store stock availability on the sales floor and in back rooms.
- Contribute to the achievement of daily store sales targets and operational excellence.
- Assist with re-stocking and pricing duties, including sale preparation as required.
- Assist with in-store merchandising to ensure we follow High Tea’s brand standards.
- Use the Point of Sale system, processes payments, refunds and exchanges.
- Participate in team member training and store events as scheduled.
- Continuously maintain established policies and guidelines to ensure the store meets all compliances for inspections per AGCO guidelines.
What you bring:
- 2+ years of retail management experience.
- You are experienced in training and onboarding new talent.
- You are open, agile, and curious and can communicate business needs effectively.
- You are a results-oriented leader who can motivate others and build a culture of camaraderie.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and able to pivot quickly.
- You are customer-centric putting the needs of the customers first.
- You are flexible and capable of working in unstructured environments.
- You’re resourceful and can pick up new concepts quickly.
- You can diagnose problems by analyzing the root cause and create data-driven solutions.
- You encourage an open, honest and positive team environment.
- You are excited to grow your career in the cannabis retail industry.
Nice to haves:
- Previous knowledge of the Cannabis industry.
- Completion of training certification through CannSell Ontario and receipt of the certificate of completion, pursuant to the Cannabis License Act and Ontario Regulation 468/18.
- Police background check will be required as per AGCO regulations.
- All applicants must be 19 years of age or older.
- The successful candidate will be required to complete background and reference checks.
Location: 2581 Eglinton Avenue West, York, ON, M6M 1T3
Reporting to: General Manager
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If you don’t have experience or are not sure you meet 100% of the requirements, we still highly encourage you to apply.
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that best fit the requirements.
High Tea Cannabis Co., powered by Jima Cannabis, believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We are taking all the necessary precautions to stay safe!
- Retail Management: 2 years (preferred)
- CannSell Certification (preferred)