Who we are:
AIM Harbour City Resources (AIM) is a leader in the technology and process design; integration; and long-term operations of organics processing and material recovery facilities for the circular economy. AIM’s success is characterized by its Intellectual Property; People Leadership; and Partnership Expertise in collaborating at the Federal, Provincial, and Municipal levels across the Public Sector and in bringing together global private sector partnerships to create innovative and sustainable long-term solutions.
Halifax Region Municipality (HRM) Organics Management Facility
The HRM Organics Management Facility (Facility) is a $450 Million Dollar; 25-year Capital and Operational Commitment to design, build, own, operate, and transfer (DBOOT) partnership between HRM and Harbour City Resources (HCR). This new facility will be located at 37 Evergreen Place in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The Facility is currently in the final construction phases with planned commissioning of key technology, systems, and processes beginning mid-to-late August 2023. The Operations Manager/Supervisor will be a key participant at the beginning of commissioning.
The AIM organization and this opportunity is a key fit for you if your goals are as follows:
- Job security in an industry with growth that impacts the lives of Canadians and major industries.
- To work in an industry that is GREENER in terms of opportunity and contributions to the Environment.
- Personifies success and the best in the industry at organics composting and the economic and environmental benefits innovation can unlock.
- Believes in the value of performance and measures success in exceeding your performance objectives with a clear focus on personal and professional growth.
Operations Manager/ Supervisor Profile:
The Operations Manager/Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Facility. Key responsibilities include:
- Planning, directing, and coordinating the overall operation of the Facility, including the receipt, processing, and disposal of organic materials.
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures for the Facility to ensure the safe and efficient operation of equipment and processes.
- Managing and scheduling a team of operators and support staff to ensure the Facility operates efficiently and meets quality standards.
- Monitoring and analyzing data on Facility operations, identifying areas for improvement, and making recommendations to your peers and the leadership team.
- Collaborating with other departments and stakeholders, such as Health & Safety and Marketing to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborating with maintenance professionals to ensure the repair of mobile and stationary equipment and facility management systems to ensure proper function and efficiency of the day-to-day operations.
- Participating in the development and implementation of new processes and technologies to improve the Facility's operations and sustainability.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements and permits.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of Post-Secondary and/or Technical Training with a focus on business, operations, engineering, or environmental studies.
- 5 years or more experience in a similar leadership role.
- Knowledge of Facility Management and SCADA systems.
- Extensive knowledge of organics composting technologies, especially in-vessel. Knowledge and experience in AD technologies and the production and upgrading of Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) will be considered advantageous.
- Experience working with heavy equipment (loaders, skid steer, and scissor lift) will be considered advantageous.
- Working with heights and confined spaces.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. repetitively.
- Frequent exposure to noise, dirt, and dust.
- Work is mostly inside the facility but occasionally outside.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Shifts will consist of Monday to Saturday 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Competitive Compensation Plan.
- Full benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, and Employee Assistance Program.
- RRSP Matching.
- Minimum 3 weeks vacation.
- Bonus Program.
- Proactive and paid training programs.
AIM abides by the Provincial and Federal guidelines and requirements for the health and safety of all employees.
AIM is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us by emailing or calling.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person