Grow, flow and glow with Cimcorp! Come share our passion!
Cimcorp Automation Ltd. is looking for an Application Developer to join our team.
40 years of experience brings confidence and the boldness to think in a new way. Although we work with passion on the challenges facing our customers, we never lose our sense of humour or forget the importance of good team spirit. We are not robots, even though we work with them! We believe that being different is an asset, and we are always seeking ways to enhance each employees’ experience. We understand the value of our employees and strive to maintain employee satisfaction and its contribution to productivity and quality services.
We look to recruit individuals who value professionalism, honesty, integrity and teamwork. This includes people who are creative, highly skilled, hands-on, and interested in a challenge
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Competitive compensation packages
- Four (4) weeks of vacation/leave time to start
- Employee Group Benefits Plan (including health and dental coverage, life insurance, health spending account, long-term disability, employee assistance program)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Flexible working hours
- Travel opportunities
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Free gourmet beverages (coffee, tea, etc.)
- Monthly social events, including annual golf tournament, ice cream social, BBQ’s and more
- The opportunity to join one of the largest material handling companies in the world
Reporting to the Systems Integration Manager, this position is responsible for the research, design,development, and testing of custom software systems for Cimcorp. This involves the day to day interaction with other software team members to define appropriate software architecture, specify technologies to use, and develop code applying industry standards. In addition, the Application Developer is responsible for providing overall technical support to other Cimcorp employees relating to software.
DETAILS OF DUTIES:
- Research, design, develop, and test custom software systems for Cimcorp. This involves utilizing customer requirements as well as provides software solutions for our customers through system troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Utilize internal resources such as other software team members, and project managers as well as historical information to achieve design specifications.
- Participate in kick off meetings to gain sufficient knowledge on project specifications in order to design appropriate software.
- Participate in software testing at Cimcorp Automation Ltd. prior to system delivery as well as software testing at site during system commissioning. This requires the collaboration of software, shop employees, engineers, and potentially customers to ensure the system meets expectations.
- Participate in system commissioning and run off testing at site. This involves deploying the Cimcorp’s software system, ensuring the functionality meets design requirements and reaches a functioning state. This includes liaising with other Cimcorp employees, contractors, and customers to identify and resolve inefficiencies. In addition, the Application Developer is responsible for integrated testing.
- Responsible for production testing at site to verify performance and reliability of the system. This involves communicating with Project Managers to address concerns and receive system satisfaction and acceptance.
- Provide training on software systems purchased by Cimcorp customers through onsite instruction and hands on training.
- Assist with the development of Communication Specification documents for end users.
- Provide technical system support to customers prior to customer support hand off.
- Attend Customer Support project hand off meetings.
- Respond to inquiries, questions, concerns from individual employees and departments. This involves providing technical support in the area of software applications and integration.
- Responsible for providing periodic 24/7 telephone/remote software support for existing customers as scheduled. This involves the usage of a temporary or permanently assigned company mobile communication device.
- Responsible for building strong relationships with clients that foster long term business relationships.
- Ensure all Cimcorp health and safety policies, procedures, and responsibilities under the OHSA, are followed during all work activities both at the installation site, and at Cimcorp Automation Ltd.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Varying degrees of knowledge are required in the following areas:
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft .Net framework, Visual Basic .Net, and C# languages using Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Working knowledge of Java technologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Transact SQL, and Oracle.
- Experience in PLC programming (IEC 1131).
- Knowledge of source control using Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Git.
- Experience programming automation components, HMI’s and material handling robots is considered an asset.
- Availability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and well as travel and work overtime sometimes at short notice in order to maintain project schedules and adhere to timelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change, and work under pressure in a multifaceted environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of multi-function team with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of staff, the public, customers, partners, and any other potential stakeholders.
- Problem-solving skills, discretion, and demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment when handling confidential/sensitive information and communicating with customers regarding controversial matters.
- Effective organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with ability to prioritize work to meet customer service standards and deadlines without compromising service.
- Spoken/written knowledge of additional languages an asset.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree specializing in Software Engineering/Mechatronics, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in software integration in an industrial/engineering/automation industry in a development and integration capacity.
- Travel is required for this position averaging between 15% to 30%.
- Valid driver’s license, passport and non-restrictive travel ability to market countries are requirements for this position.
Cimcorp is a leading global supplier of turnkey automation for intralogistics that uses advanced robotics and software technologies. As well as being a manufacturer and integrator of pioneering material handling systems for the tire industry, we have also developed unique robotic solutions for order fulfillment and storage that are being used in the food & beverage, retail, e-commerce, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) and postal services sectors. In addition, we offer comprehensive customer support services.
With locations in Finland, Canada and the United States, Cimcorp Group has in excess of 400 employees and has supplied more than 2,500 logistics automation solutions in 40 countries across five continents.
At Cimcorp we don’t fill vacancies; we solve our clients’ business challenges by sourcing the best people with the right mix of skills, experience and attitude.
Cimcorp welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Profit sharing/share options
- Flexible working hours
- Education reimbursement
- On-site parking
- Employee assistance programs
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- .NET: 1 year (Preferred)
- software integration: 2 years (Preferred)
- Java: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)