Genesys IT Solutions Inc is a Managed Service Provider servicing South western Ontario.
We are a small Managed IT Services team in search of the right person to join our growing team. We are looking for an experienced IT Level 1 & 2 Support Technician to support our business customers both remotely and onsite.
Prefer 1 to 3 years of previous IT Related experience.
Comprehensive networking, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills a must. A reliable vehicle & driver's license in good standing is required. Company vehicle is provided based from our office in Belmont, ON. This position involves working directly with our clients on a daily basis and requires strong interpersonal skills and a friendly disposition. Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must. Travel up to 2 hours from London for some clients is common.
Regular hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm. Some evening and weekend work may be required on occasion. The position also requires being on-call after hours on a rotational basis.
- Performing onsite diagnosis, analysis, and resolution of network, system, software, and end user issues
- Escalation of issues within the team as appropriate for resolution
- Use of remote monitoring & patching tools, backup monitoring & testing
- Installation and/or repair of hardware, software, and peripherals
- Update service ticket with detailed time tracking and resolution notes
- Developing a working relationship and friendly rapport with our clients
- Continuing education learning through partner vendors and industry certification
· ComptiaA+ and Microsoft certifications an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows, Server, Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server management
- Hyper-V and VMWare Virtualization management
- Azure, Office 365, Google Apps
- Solid understanding of network IP routing, VLAN, and VPN technologies
- Knowledge of VoIP phone systems an asset (Vendor training provided)
- Familiar with the following hardware:
o Firewall and routing devices
o Managed switches
o Computer hardware and peripherals
o Wireless access points
o Structured cabling
We offer an attractive compensation package including paid time off, group health benefits, quarterly bonuses, paid training and certification.
We thank all those who apply however, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
- Industry Certification Training Allowance
- Company Vehicle and Cell phone
- Group Health Benefits
Industry: Computers and Electronics
- Extended health care
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Company car
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Vacation & paid time off
Reference ID: IT Support Technician
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- IT Support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Comptia A+ (Preferred)
- Microsoft (Preferred)