TPG Technology Ltd. is an Ottawa-based IT Professional Services firm, which has been providing quality solutions in the National Capital Region since 1985 to both Government and Private Sector clients with highly specialized resources.
We will be receiving a large requirement to provide our federal government client with 1 Technical Writer.
Security: Secret (Mandatory)
Duration: As soon as possible until March 31, 2020 with possible 1 year extension
- Document help text, user manuals, technical documentation, web page content, etc.
- 10 years of experience
- Review documentation standards and the existing project documentation
- Determine documentation requirements and makes plans for meeting them
- Gather information concerning the features and functions provided by the developers
- Assess the audience for the documents/manuals which are required and prepare a statement of purpose and scope for each
- Investigate the accuracy of the information collected by making direct use of the material being documented
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of any required illustrations and diagrams
- Design the layout of the documents/manuals
- Use word-processing, desk-top publishing and graphics software packages to produce final camera-ready copy
- Contribute to the building of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all areas within Enterprise Operations
- Inventory, catalogue current SOPs and conduct gap analysis for any outstanding documentation (current vs future)
- Work with translations services to have versions of documents in both official languages
- Comply with document repository standards and contribute to improvement efforts.
- Monthly status report (mandatory requirement to be submitted within monthly timesheet)
Please send your resume if you have the experience listed and meet the clearance and mandatory requirements.
Job Type: Contract
- Technical Writing: 10 years (Preferred)