GFL Environmental is looking for a Driver- Class 5 with Air to join our team in Nanaimo, British Columbia!
The Class 5 Driver will be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously providing waste removal services to customers. The driver will collect solid waste or recyclables and transporting to post-collection facilities. An ideal candidate will have a friendly demeanor and is physically capable of completing job duties in a positive, team oriented and supportive environment.
Why Join TEAM GREEN
- Excellent Health, Vision and Dental benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Possible Over Time
- Excellent Work life balance
- Operate commercial vehicle and on-board hydraulic systems on assigned route. Works route are away from the branch location on a continuous basis throughout the day.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor, manner and appearance at all times (i.e., meeting customers and/or the general public while on route or in uniform.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and dispatchers.
- Ability to follow instructions and work under limited supervision.
- Ability to control operations of equipment; maneuvering truck into and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors to back distances of approximately 120 feet or more
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip safety lane inspections and reports, daily truck report, route sheets and other documentation requested by supervisor daily.
- Follow all safety standards, equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state/provincial, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
- Possess valid Class 5 with Air brake endorsements and clear driver's abstract.
- Industry experience an asset
- Ability to manually lift/move up to 65 pounds regularly
At GFL our goal is to invest in our people and provide opportunities to grow, for life!
Our employees are affectionately known as team green, a name that unites us all under our shared purpose of providing sustainable solutions to enable our customers and communities to be GREEN FOR LIFE!
We offer a competitive benefits plan, including RRSP match, orthodontics and vision coverage
With 20,000+ employees across North America, we offer a dynamic set of career opportunities, locations and growth!
We appreciate all of the local communities we live and work in, and actively contribute to them through our flagship Full Circle Project
We believe investing in the future is the right investment, our first fully electric truck is now in operation!
GFL is traded on the NYSE & the TSX – search “GFL” to see our stock performance.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.