Elevate Your Career!
Terracon, a pioneering leader in the industry, is on the lookout for exceptional professionals ready to shine in the realm of Civil Field Technology. If you're deeply committed to unwavering safety standards and maintaining top-quality work, then Terracon in Fort McMurray is where your career journey begins. Our fundamental values—Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, and Entrepreneurism (S.I.T.E.)— guide our integration of top-tier technical and safety standards, setting industry excellence benchmarks. Within the thriving community of Fort McMurray, your dedication fosters long-lasting client relationships and supports responsible practices within the resource industry. An exciting and fulfilling career opportunity awaits you at Terracon.
In the role of a Civil Field Engineering Technologist at Terracon, you will be at the forefront of critical activities such as overseeing construction, ensuring quality assurance and control, conducting site investigations, inspecting foundations, and performing vital laboratory tests on concrete and soils. Your expertise is the linchpin for ensuring that projects meet the exacting criteria of design specifications, industry benchmarks, and rigorous safety standards. By joining us, you become a part of our mission to advance the industry through your unwavering dedication to excellence.
- Lead comprehensive field inspections and testing, covering soil testing, earthwork, and concrete testing to uphold project specifications and industry standards
- Champion quality control, ensuring construction aligns with design specifications, and providing clients with crucial field and laboratory testing results
- Take on the responsibility of piling inspections
- Collaborate closely with project team members, including engineers and contractors, making a significant impact on project success
- Ensure strict compliance with regulatory requirements
- Maintain the highest standards in all work, upholding our commitment to quality assurance
- Possess a degree/diploma in Civil Engineering, Geosciences, or Technology, or an equivalent blend of education and field experience
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in a technical field-based role
- Leverage your knowledge of civil construction techniques, materials, and equipment
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills
- Showcase your strong leadership, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Candidates with memberships in ASET or APEGA will be given preference
- Previous experience in oil sands projects is a plus
- Show a steadfast commitment to safety, with an understanding of safety regulations and a track record of implementing safety procedures in oil sands projects
Why Join Terracon?
- Collaborate with a team of passionate individuals who are dedicated to excellence and share common values
- Make a meaningful impact daily while working alongside dedicated engineers, geoscientists, technologists, and a talented group of business support professionals
- Share your expertise and help develop solutions by working on diverse and fascinating projects with various clients
- Enjoy a competitive employee package, including comprehensive health and dental wellness plans, enticing employee incentives, and a financial wellness plan encompassing RRSP/TFSA
Working Conditions, Schedule, and Physical Requirements
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada on an ongoing basis
- Possess a valid driver's license with a clean driver's abstract and a minimum of 2 years' experience in the industry field
- Be prepared for a flexible working schedule, including shifts of up to 12 hours, both day and night
- Must meet physical requirements for fieldwork; a fitness-for-work test will be conducted prior to hiring
- Successfully complete a drug and alcohol test
Connect with Us
Stay updated on job opportunities, safety tips, and general information by following us on LinkedIn.
Terracon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applications from individuals of diverse backgrounds to enhance our employee and client base. This includes but is not limited to, Indigenous peoples, women, persons with disabilities, and individuals of any ethnic or national background.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.