Position: Technician’s Assistant
Reports to: Service Manager
Since 1972, Acme Fire and Safety Co. Ltd. and now Centurian Fire has been providing exceptional commercial, retail and industrial fire safety products and services. We provide the honesty, courtesy and thoroughness that customers expect; and we look for employees in all areas of our company that live by these beliefs.
The Technician’s Assistant will be responsible for assisting the fire safety technicians in a number of different capacities while on-site at a customer site. This is an on-call position, however for the right candidates we are willing to create a career path towards a Technician position.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Retrieving parts and/or tools
- Holding equipment or parts while the technician is servicing/repairing
- Assisting with verification of alarm inspections
- Assisting with clean up
- Other related tasks as assigned.
- Education: High school education
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Some mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a license and a vehicle
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care