Holloway Lodging Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Clarke Inc. (TSX: CKI),is one of Canada’s largest lodging companies. Holloway operates and provides management services to 20 hotels under internationally recognized brands such as Holiday Inn®, Travelodge®, Super 8®, DoubleTree by Hilton®, Best Western®, Days Inn®, and Quality Inn and Suites ®. For more information, please visit our website at https://hlcorp.ca/
The DoubleTree by Hilton London is located in the heart of downtown London. This hotel is connected by a skywalk to the RBC place and is within a ten-minute walk away from the Covent Garden Market and Budweiser Gardens! The hotel has 323 rooms and suites, an onsite restaurant, a Starbucks, and 34,000 square feet in banquet and meeting spaces. This full-service hotel also offers a well-equipped fitness centre and pool and a fully equipped business center.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Sales Managerwillbe responsible for researching, following-up on and converting sales leads to achieve targeted market segment revenues and occupancy as laid down in the property budget/business plan!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
- Move throughout property to conduct site inspections. Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition.
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Represent hotel and set up exhibits at trade shows.
- Carry out professional and time effective sales call on assigned markets as appropriate in order to maximize revenue.
- Complete telemarketing sales, mail-outs and local advertising in accordance with the property budget.
- Be accountable for and aggressive in achieving agreed financial targets liaising closely with the General Manager regarding correlation of rate to volume in order to achieve budgeted average room rate.
- Be fully conversant with all facilities offered by the property carrying out site inspections as applicable while actively promoting associated properties and special promotions in line with company policy.
- Ensure booking details are communicated to the operational departments following the successful close of a sales call.
- Organize and participate in sales blitz’s and liaise closely with the brand to maximize on sales opportunity.
- Meet with key clients as deemed necessary, in order to continue to build on the established rapport in line with property policy.
- Host and attend client entertainment functions and attend networking meetings.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A university degree or college diploma in business or in a related field with a specialization in sales.
- Several years of experience as a sales representative or in a related occupation is required.
- Knowledge of a hotel structure and how all departments interact.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly and positive manner, in order to solicit business and meet client needs.
- Ability to move throughout the hotel to conduct site inspections.
- Be able to work flexible hours and weekends when required
Thank you for your interest in Holloway Lodging Corporation. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know of any accommodations that may be required in the interview process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday