Adamson Builders located in Port Perry, ON, is looking for an experienced Construction Lead Hand. Working closely with the Operations Manager on a variety of construction projects at our modern 75,000 sq. ft. facility.
We have site plans for building expansion and on-going infrastructure projects. We provide year-round employment with; competitive hourly wages, benefits, time & ½ exceeding 44 hours, and vacation pay.
- Coordinating construction work according to priorities set by the Operations Manager.
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and plans.
- Ensure work performed is complete according to specifications.
- Skilled in steel stud framing, wood framing, drywall, insulation, tape and mud, and painting.
- Ability to train junior employees.
- Ensure projects are staffed and resources are adequate.
- Demolition, cement finishing, concrete restoration, and stripping forms.
- Participate in site inspections.
- Lead and enforce onsite health and safety culture.
- Report on progress to managers and supervisors.
- Valid Certifications or Safety Tickets are preferred.
- Valid driver's license and access to vehicle will be an asset.
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience on construction sites.
- Extensive understanding of construction principles and procedures.
- Problem solving to increase efficiency and very safety conscious.
- Must be physically fit; able to apply strength and endurance to tasks.
- Must have knowledge & experience of hand tools &power tools.
- Willing and able to work overtime, early start and late finish.
- Group Benefit Program
- Highly competitive wage $35.00 Per Hour
- Provides employees with the opportunity to acquire new certifications and safety tickets.
Adamson Systems is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve.
Adamson Systems is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization; providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work to accommodate your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected will be contacted. Samples of work will be required as part of the hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $35.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
COVID-19 regulations: Adamson Systems is taking all precautions to mitigate risk against the COIVD- 19 Virus. This includes a thorough COVID-19 Policy; daily screening questionnaire, daily disposable masks and hand sanitizer available at every entrance.