***Please only apply if you have held the title "Project Manager" for 5+ years" We are not looking for Project Engineers***
We are a family of 14 businesses working safely together and believing to our core that no task is too daunting. We get excited by, and creatively rise to, every challenge making anything possible.
We are in the business of connecting bright minds and entrepreneurial spirits to harness the greater potential of teamwork and collaboration in an effort to simplify complex project execution.Addicted to innovation, we thrive on continuously learning, improving and growing to produce high-quality, cost-effective results for our clients and our people.
Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day, rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done, working with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and going home safely every day passionate and proud of what you have helped to build.
Our business, LNS Services a design-build contractor located in Burnaby, B.C, that provides engineering, project management and construction services to heavy industrial facilities and processing plants throughout British Columbia. Our specialty in materials handling, manufacturing, maintenance and other material processes has allowed us to lead in the industry over the last 30 years.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Senior Project Manager - Mechanical at LNS Services reporting to the General Manager.
In this position you will lead and mentor our engineering team as they manage projects and provide technical assistance in the field. This position is focused on leadership and mentorship, we are expecting you to pass on your knowledge in the mechanical discipline to grow our business’ expertise. You will provide overall leadership and control of the projects as well as take an active role in business development.
You will be accountable for:
- Reviewing plans & specifications to determine scope of work and define project requirements
- Assisting the estimating manager in developing project estimates
- Working with project stakeholders to develop proposals from project estimates (scope, schedule, cost, team, execution plan)
- Client relationship management with regular communication
- Effectively managing project scope by ensuring that any changes to scope are documented and approved using a change order process
- Proactively leading, coaching and motivating project team members and be accountable for team performance and results
- Providing discipline specific technical mentorship to the engineering team
- Working with the Business Development team to secure new work contracts for LNS
- Supporting development and execution of the company strategy
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- Degree in engineering, construction or project management, or technical school diploma and extensive practical PM experience on applicable project work
- 8+ years’ of work experience in mechanical engineering, or in construction within the materials handling, manufacturing and/or heavy industrial sector
- 5+ years’ as a Project Manager in the construction industry
- Significant experience mentoring, coaching and leading a teamand the ability to hold members responsible for their performance
- Excellent communication with all project stakeholders from suppliers and fabricators, engineers from other disciplines and consultancies to clients and owners
- Estimating and business development experience is an asset
- Attention to detail but ability to focus on the big picture
- Excellent verbal andwritten communication skills
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Proficient in MS project, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Outstanding time management, prioritization, multitasking, and organizational skills
If you feel you are qualified for this role, please submit your resume to through Indeed.ca quoting “Senior Project Manager - Mechanical” in the subject line.
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- mentoring, coaching and leading a team: 3 years (Required)
- Project Management in Industrial Construction Industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- holding the title Project Manager: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Burnaby (Preferred)
- Degree in Engineering, Construction or Project Management (Required)