***Signing Bonus of up to $500.00 for successful candidates after 6 months***
The Sales Associate team member works in a fast-paced environment that involves constant interaction with customers, delivering friendly and courteous service while explaining product benefits and fulfilling customer needs. This role also involves store maintenance such as stocking shelves, merchandising and general housekeeping.
- Provides excellent customer service to all customers entering the store.
- Smiles, makes eye contact with and greets customers.
- Guides customer to the location of requested items.
- Locates products in the warehouse.
- Answers questions and provides friendly advice and services to customers.
- Suggests value-added and related products to customers to ensure they go home with what they need.
- Responds to and handles customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
- Handles multiple customers in an effective and efficient manner.
- Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Learns about new products on a regular basis.
- Keeps up to date with in-store promotions, in-store deals and product locations.
Daily tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Ensures that retail basics tasks are executed efficiently
- Stocks shelves and merchandise display areas using modules and guides.
- Walks their assigned sections to understand what needs to be accomplished on a daily basis.
- Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels
- Reports stolen and damaged goods to Management.
- Operates computer and RF gun and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Plays an active role in the department team by openly sharing opinions/ideas and by participating in all meetings/training as required.
- Engages in learning activities and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
- Complies with company, store and department policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance
Please apply with your resume online or at the store.
We thank all the applicants for their interest in employment with Canadian Tire; however please note that only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)