***This posting is to create a Talent pool***
At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service more than 475 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated associates to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
The primary function of the Assistant Store Manager (ASM) is to oversee store programs through effective delegation and management of work, employees, time, and resources, including securing appropriate staff coverage and assisting in the recruitment/selection processes. This also includes overseeing the opening and closing procedures in the store, overseeing handling cash deposits and outflow for a multimillion dollar business, and ensuring store compliance with all safety procedures. Also responsible for increasing sales and maximizing profit margins through forecasting, sales reports, store promotions/programs, and managing inventory.
### Job Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years previous Retail Management experience in a big box environment, supervising large teams, including hiring and coaching of employees
- Previous experience in the home improvement industry is advantageous
- Functional knowledge of retail merchandising, operations and retail management practices and procedures.
- Experience selecting, assessing, coaching, counseling and developing associates in a retail environment.
- A strong customer service orientation and focus.
- Effective organizational, communication (written and oral) and problem solving skills.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced and ever-changing big box retail environment.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor s Degree in Business is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, i.e., Word, Excel & Outlook
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.