PICKERING, ON - Be part of the largest Wish Granting organization in Canada! Enjoy a job that is personally rewarding, and help children enjoy their most heartfelt wish. Make-A-Wish® Canada (MAWC) now has a regular fulltime opportunity for a Development Assistant at their Ontario Chapter office located in Pickering, Ontario.
Working in collaboration with the Manager Resource Development, this position is responsible for performing a variety of routine administrative tasks, including database management in support of the development, coordination and execution of fundraising initiatives. Acting as a representative of the Foundation, this position safeguards the interests of the Foundation, donors, and fundraising event participants by following established fundraising policies.
If you are interested in being part of a growing organization that has a profound impact on the communities across the country, the position of Development Assistant may be right for you.
· Utilizes Raiser’s Edge for accurate and timely data entry for all fundraising events.
· Creates and generates data for reports and ensures all reporting is up-to-date.
· Collaborates with internal departments to assist with development or coordination at events and the gathering of information to support the development of materials (e.g. Wish Tales).
· Maintains and manages inventory of fundraising related materials and send out materials to stakeholders as appropriate.
· May provide reception relief within Chapter Office as required. (remove)
· Assists other team members in the coordination of third party fundraising activities at the chapter/sub-chapter level, (e.g. preparing thank you letters and sending fundraising supplies to third party fundraisers).
· Supports first party events on annual basis (e.g. email blasts, mail outs, typing draft letters, etc.).
· Establishes and maintains relationships within the chapter and across the organization ensuring a teamwork approach when appropriate.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with external contacts from time-to-time which may include: donors, sponsors, community liaisons, volunteers, Wish Families and suppliers.
· Ensures all fundraising initiatives and donor cultivation is appropriate for Children’s Wish and is in keeping with relevant Children’s Wish policies.
· Collaborates with the Fundraising team in identifying opportunities for development and growth in fund development.
· Assists in the liaison with external sources to ensure effective promotion of fundraising initiatives.
· Provides support to establish and manage committees and/or advisory teams as required to ensure success of fundraising initiatives.
· Attends fundraising events and executes required duties to fulfill the needs of event. This position may also be responsible for acting as the spokesperson on behalf of Children’s Wish fundraising events.
· Applies relevant volunteer management principles and practices to ensure effective relationships with volunteers are developed and maintained.
· Courteously receive and screen all in-bound calls, emails, and visitors.
· Review, evaluate and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail.
· Maintain and monitor office supply, inventory levels and place orders as required
· Recording credit card donations made by phone
· Prepares Thank You Cards letters, certificates, tribute cards (for online and mail)
· Works in compliance with the provisions of The Occupational Health & Safety Act in the applicable province of employment and its regulations, and complies with the Foundation’s Health & Safety Policy.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Post-secondary education in fundraising or a related field.
· 1-2 years of experience in a fundraising or related role.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and related search engines.
· Proficient in Raiser’s edge.
· Office environment with occasional requirements to work outside of regular office hours, during peak season to attend fundraising events.
· Occasional day/overnight travel.
· Primary responsibilities are carried out in the Chapter Office, however, may be required to attend indoor and outdoor events in the community.
· Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required to fulfil responsibilities.
Physical and Mental Effort
· Works under pressure at peak times of the year with tight deadlines, high volume workload, and with changing and overlapping priorities.
· Physical activity may include lifting of boxes with materials, setting up equipment, etc.
If you are excited about this opportunity, submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations by February 4, 2020 quoting posting details “Development Assistant, Posting #IN009” in your subject line. While we look forward to receiving applications from qualified candidates, only those identified through the pre-screening process will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please. Make-A-Wish® Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Make-A-Wish® Canada is an Equal Opportunity employer.
About Make-A-Wish® Canada
Effective October 1, 2019, Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada and Make-A-Wish® Canada are joining forces with the goal of granting the wish of every eligible child across the country. As one organization, our mission will be to provide children with life-threatening illnesses the opportunity to realize their most heartfelt wish, giving them the strength to endure their treatments and build resilience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- fundraising: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)