Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace. In applying to any of our careers, all candidates will promote a safe environment by informing their manager of any relevant issues related to patients, families or staff and maintain a focus on patient and staff safety in all aspects of duties performed.
- Ontario Trade Certificate in a recognized Mechanical Trade.
- Capable of coping with a physically demanding workload. (PDA available to review)
- Must be able to look up and understand codes and legislation.
- Monitors physical plant using computerized BAS and performs and records walk-through inspections of mechanical rooms, reports observations and concerns to Team Leader or Manager.
- Responds to trouble calls, records calls and actions in log book.
- Performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and rebuilding of equipment, medical gas systems, control air systems, air dryers and filters. Tests and adjusts equipment following good trade practices and manufacturers’ specifications.
- Installs various hospital equipment using blueprints, sketches, specifications, and manuals.
- Performs tests and preventative maintenance on HVAC systems, heating and cooling water systems, steam systems, coil tube boiler systems, controls and related equipment.
- Ensures supply of necessary materials for maintenance work, orders new material as required.
- Liaises with contractors on projects, provides input with respect to new equipment, assists other tradesman and Facility staff as required.
- Previous experience with preventive maintenance, trouble-shooting, repair and rebuilding of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, refrigeration equipment, minor electrical and plumbing preferred.
- Performs other assigned duties are required.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.