Beal College is opening a new location in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada and is seeking Instructors for the Bachelors degree in Health Information Technology/Management program.
The Instructor is directly responsible for the oversight of the academic classes in their specialty including the activities that relate to the student experience and student success. Instructors are responsible for ensuring class compliance with all regulatory bodies, institutional and programmatic accreditors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach course(s) in a term(s) in live, hybrid and online format. Beal College runs on 8 week terms, running year round.
- Maintain the standardization and congruency of the course curriculum as mapped to programmatic accreditor requirements, CAHIIM/CHIMA.
- Ensure all grades and attendance are maintained in the SIS
- Assist in the preparation and gathering of all required components of all new program applications and ensure all applications are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with all state and regulatory requirements
- Maintain student grades and attendance in accordance with established polices.
- Review student success rates by class to develop and implement plans to reduce student attrition and fail rates.
- Maintain copies of current curriculum for the assigned classes, including course objectives, syllabi and daily lesson plans for each course. Ensure all updates to the curriculum are have been communicated to Program Director.
- Participate in curriculum review and faculty meetings.
- Support all company initiatives by process and procedure as communicated.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet the business needs of the organizations.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Health Information Management (or related field) from an accredited institution.
- Experience directly related to the program is required. A minimum of three (3) years experience directly related to the classes taught is preferred.
- Meet applicable accreditation, state and national faculty/instructor credential, certification and/or licensure standards associated with program areas overseen.
- Live, hybrid and online teaching experience required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and with third parties regardless of their level of education or sophistication or socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Must have experience working with computer programs, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the ability to work with designated Beal College databases.
- Experience with an LMS (Learning management system) is required and a level of comfortably in learning new technologies is a must.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, be a proactive, creative problem solver, and display a high level of objectivity and integrity.
- Teaching: 1 year (Required)
- Health Information Technology: 3 years (Preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time