A.P.M. Limited is currently seeking an experienced driver; preferably with a minimum of 2 - 3 years driving experience; for our Fredericton, New Brunswick location. Commercial driving experience or previous delivery experience would be an asset but not a requirement.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract will be maintained at all times and is a requirement for employment
- Clean Criminal Record is a requirement of employment
- Must work some Saturdays as needed.
- Sense of urgency
- Excellent people skills and a team player
- A three month probationary period must be worked before full time permanent status applies.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Use company vehicle to deliver parts and equipment to customers in a safe and courteous manner in and around the Fredericton area;
- Performs all delivery duties using safe driving habits including defensive driving skills;
- Performs routine maintenance checks on company vehicle;
- Keeps delivery vehicles clean and washed;
- Picks up returns at customer's place of business;
- Observes company work and safety rules in the performance of all duties;
- Other duties may include maintaining store and parts storage area in safe and orderly condition, check in product received and note shipping discrepancies, stock shelves with incoming product, maintains store retail display area, fronting shelves and building displays;
- Participates in available training opportunities as discussed with store manager.
The physical demands of the job include the ability to continuously stand or walk, the ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently up to 50 pounds or more and the ability to climb up onto and down from delivery vehicle. Candidate must pass a pre-work screen to demonstrate ability to perform the physical requirements of the job in a safe and efficient manner.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate that is dependable and seeking a long-term commitment with a company where staff is valued and appreciated. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work for an industry leading auto parts supplier with over 70 years reputation for exceptional customer service and overall commitment to excellence. We offer a salary commensurate with industry norms and based on experience, a positive working environment with a health, benefits and pension plan.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- driving: 2 years (Preferred)