The Production Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of a specific department, including ensuring that all work is performed in compliance with Safe Work Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, and company policies. As part of the Production leadership team, the focus is for day-to-day performance and results including both departmental and employee performance and leading initiatives to facilitate improved productivity.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures and placement of manpower to meet company's production objectives.
- Verify work performed for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques, and compliance with applicable standards and specifications
- Properly monitors compliance with prevailing standards as well as any workplace accident or incident including performing investigations and implementing corrective actions
- Provide leadership, where employees are engaged contributors to continually improve performance and results and achieve daily productivity targets.
- Coach, train and provide feedback to improve team member performance
- Manage production personnel, resolving concerns, reviewing performance, and maintaining morale.
- Oversee training and development of employees
- Responsible for the resolution of all employee issues within the department with the involvement of the next level of management and human resources as required.
- Responsible for issuing employee discipline to correct poor performance/behvaiours.
- Responsible for enforcing and abiding by all company policies
- Participate in departmental recruitment and on-boarding process
- Following production schedule to meet requirements
- Provide leadership as a member of the production leadership team, building and maintaining positive relationships with the key business partners within and outside of production
- Ensuring team is aligned to all departmental and corporate strategic initiatives.
- Ensure compliance 2S initiatives on the plant floor
- Conducting regular performance evaluations
- Promote and implement continuous improvement and a quality attitude in all production areas.
- Participate in daily production meetings.
- Accurately maintain necessary logs, data, reports, and records
- Responsible for weekly employee time sheet approval
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum high school diploma required
- 3-5 years of leadership experience preferred
- Working knowledge of OHSA and Employment Standards Act
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral, written communication skills and a strong commitment to health and safety.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and organize in a team environment
- Autonomy and a sense of responsibility.
- Ability to manage change
- Ability to manage priorities, meet tight deadlines, and ensure follow-up
- Ability to work in a quality and results-driven environment.
- Ability to exert influence
- Analytical expertise and skills.
- Process-focused with a concern for continuous improvement.
- Ability to handle stress
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (excel, word, PowerPoint).
- Experience working with ERP system considered an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)