* A good knowledge of general office work and equipment is required
* Must be able to perform work with accuracy and minimum supervision
* Ability to work efficiently in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
* Competently handle telephone and office reception duties
* Must be able to multi-task, work independently and establish priorities in a fast paced workplace
* Public relations skills and flexibility to work with specialized data base programs considered assets
* Office experience in a labour union environment is a definite asset to this position
* Experience with archiving documents would be beneficial
* Applicants will be tested
Job Type / Category
Hours of Work: 15 Hours Minimum/Week (Monday thru Friday)
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
* Excel and Microsoft Word
CUPE Local 30 is part of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), Canada’s largest union with over 628,000 members across Canada. The Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 30 is a skilled and vital part of municipal operations for the City of Edmonton, City of Fort Saskatchewan, Northlands, Edmonton Economic Development, Town of Thorsby, and EPCOR Utilities Inc.
CUPE Local 30 is the second largest Union in Alberta representing some 4,000 members employed throughout Alberta. The members of CUPE Local 30 provide all aspects of services to ensure our residents needs are met.
Job Type: Part-time
- Clerical: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)