Allied est le plus grand propriétaire, gestionnaire et promoteur (i) d’espace à bureaux urbains distinctifs dans les plus grandes villes canadiennes et (ii) de centres de données urbains à forte densité de réseau situés à Toronto et qui forment la plateforme de connectivité globale du Canada. Les activités d’Allied consistent à fournir aux entreprises du savoir des environnements urbains distinctifs pour la créativité et la connectivité.
Allied est fier d’être reconnu comme un des meilleurs employeurs au Canada pour l’année 2020 par la certification globale de Kincentric, qui distingue les entreprises démontrant des résultats excellents dans l’engagement des employés, l’habileté organisationnelle, le leadership engageant et l’accent sur leur talent.
Notre plateforme immobilière innovante recherche des entrepreneurs à tous les niveaux; des personnes qui font preuve de perspicacité et d'initiative, malgré le risque.
Veuillez noter que le reste de cet affichage est uniquement disponible en anglais.
Allied REIT is looking for a Senior Building Operator to join our team at The Well.
At Allied, everything starts with purpose. In the role of Senior Building Operator, you contribute meaningfully to your team’s culture and ensure The Well is performing well in terms of building systems, physical attributes and curb appeal. This, in turn, allows Allied to fulfill our mission to provide our tenants with distinctive experience at The Well.
What is The Well?
The Well is a unique and innovative joint venture between Allied and Riocan.
Located at Spadina and Front, The Well brings together three million square feet of retail, office, and residential space constructed over 7.7 acres. Through this, The Well sets the stage for meaningful experiences that draw people from down the street and across the globe to eat, shop, work, live and play in Toronto.
As this is a newly constructed property, we are building a team with the same level of excellence in mind. The team at The Well will be dynamic, nimble, and agile. It will be focused on new initiatives, innovation, efficiency, and continuous improvement. If this sounds like you, we welcome your application.
Who are you?
We are building upon our achievements at Allied, and the future is exciting. How can we be so sure? We have people like you: engaged professionals who consistently deliver their best.
Throughout your professional career, you have stood out for your pursuit of excellence. You are self-motivated, take ownership, and lead by example. In doing so, you elevate your team and collaborate towards your collective goals.
Above all, you are excited by Allied’s mission and the contribution we make to enhance urban environments.
What will you do?
The responsibilities below describe your primary mandate. They require elaboration, but we can discuss further in-person.
- Coach, develop, and mentor other team members to achieve company expectations, including fostering a spirit of teamwork, empowerment, growth, learning and unity among all departments.
- Train staff according to their needs and on any duties / procedures they are not familiar with, including how to troubleshoot equipment and perform repairs to reduce operating costs.
- Respond, coordinate and supervise tenant concerns and delivery of services in a timely manner and assist in finding solutions as required, and record all service performed by using Yardi work order management system;
- Ensure all equipment and systems are operated in a safe and efficient manner and are in compliance with all applicable government codes & regulations
- Conduct inspections and complete repairs as necessary on all site mechanical, electrical, and HVAC/BAS systems and related equipment including but not limited to water treatment, boilers, heat pumps, roof top units, air conditioners, etc., on daily/weekly basis
- Interpret building systems data and work with the Technical Services Manager to optimize systems and to reduce energy and environmental impact.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of building operating budget;
- Ensure all health, safety and security procedures are adhered to and areas of concern are reported to the appropriate parties in a timely manner in order to limit exposure to liability and participating as a member of the joint health and safety committee.
What are we looking for?
We look forward to learning about all your accomplishments, but the list below describes our core requirements.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in building operations, general maintenance in a commercial, retail or industrial environment;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in physical plant operations, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Fire Alarm, and other related equipment and systems;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Sound knowledge of building systems, and emergency procedures and good understanding of the building operations including but not limited to BAS, HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life safety, BBN, OT, etc.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) and First Aid and CPR training;
- Knowledge of Provincial Building Code & Regulations, Canadian Electrical Code, Provincial Fire Code and Electrical Safety Authority;
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical/electrical blueprints;
- An assertive self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision;
- Great time management skills and ability to prioritize work in order to deliver successful results within agreed upon time frames;
- Computer literate. Knowledge of Yardi/Angus Anywhere is an asset;
- Must be fluent in English.
Who are we?
Allied Properties REIT (TSE:
AP.UN) is a leading owner, manager and developer of (i) distinctive urban workspace in Canada’s major cities and (ii) network-dense urban data centres that form Canada’s hub for global connectivity. Allied’s business is providing knowledge-based organizations with distinctive urban environments for creativity and connectivity.
We are also a great place to work. Allied is listed as a 2020 Best Employer in Canada as part of Kincentric’s Best Employers global certification, which distinguishes organizations that demonstrate strong results in employee engagement, organizational agility, engaging leadership, and talent focus.
We are committed to hiring the most qualified candidates while striving for diversity and equity within our organization. We encourage qualified individuals to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity, origin, sexual orientation, ability, and socioeconomic background.
if you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.