Rolmaster Conveyors, a Canadian manufacturing company, is seeking a Permanent Full Time General Labourer as soon as possible.
Day Shift, Monday to Friday, 42 hours per week (Monday to Thursday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm; Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm). This position is for Full Time hours (not part time). Overtime is paid after 42 hours. Location is on bus route.
Must be able to read a tape measure without help.
Employees must have mechanical aptitude.
Employees will have the opportunity to learn new skills and for advancements within the company.
About Rolmaster Conveyors:
Operating out of a 38,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Cambridge Ontario, Rolmaster manufactures and distributes a wide variety of conveyor systems and related products within the following product categories: Gravity, Line Shaft, CDLR, Chain, Belt, Slat, Apron, Transfer Systems, Loose Rollers, Conveyor Accessories, Components and Replacement Parts.
Rolmaster specializes in selling standard product lines that offer value pricing and competitive lead times. However, Rolmaster sets itself apart from most North American competitors by offering large-scale, highly-customized project development and material handling integration.
Rolmaster offers the opportunity to work on challenging and unique projects. We offer a competitive pay, RRSP-matching and Healthcare benefits package which includes extended health insurance, dental and medication (benefit costs are 100% employer paid - starts after successful completion of 90-day probation). Payroll is processed weekly by direct deposit (not bi-weekly).
Applicants must be located in Canada.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Use of production manufacturing equipment (belt sander, saw, grinder, press)
- Assembly of conveyor components (includes rollers)
- Helping other departments as required (degreasing, cleaning, assembly)
- General housekeeping duties (keep area in department clean and free of slip/trip hazards)
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull a minimum of 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work proficiently with hands and wrists and be able to grasp objects
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to operate machinery and be able to operate foot controls on equipment
- Must be able to pass mandatory Health & Safety testing
- Must be able to read a tape measure (test will be given during interview)
- Must provide CSA approved steel toe boots (measure a min of 6" from the floor to the top side)
Specific Skills Required:
- Organized and able to provide attention to detail as well as multi-task
- Team player and able to work alone
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability and desire to learn
- Good English communication skills
Rate: $ 16.00 to $17.00/hour to start (may increase after 90-day probation based on performance). Rate will be based on previous work experience.
Applicants can only apply through Indeed.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only selected applicants will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$17.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Mechanical General Labourer: 1 year (preferred)