Imagine a company that is willing to invest as much time and support in you as you are in them. A company with lots of room to learn, grow and work your way up. An entrepreneurially minded organization where you’ll be given support and room to develop. If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then we might be the place for you.
As Canada’s leading provider of security solutions, we offer a unique combination of services including risk assessments, security personnel, security technologies, screening services and cash management solutions. G4S employs thousands of Canadians and operates in offices across the country.
Welfare and prosperity depend on being able to work, play and live in a safe and secure environment. In a world of diverse and increasing risk, maintaining safe and secure environments can be a complex challenge.
That’s why we’re hiring a new Pre-Sales Engineer /Estimator/Solutions Designer.
The Pre-Sales Engineer will coordinate and support the efforts of the Business Development Managers in all aspects of customer management, solution selling, proposal generation, and documentation. The Pre-Sales Engineer will be responsible for: Designing Integrated Technical solutions, creating the scope of work, pricing these projects and Technical inquiries/clarifications as well as client meetings/site surveys when required and the occasional presentation in a supporting role.
Standards of Performance:
- As it relates to technical and pricing issues, responsible for project review, outlining a clear scope of work and when required a clear theory of operation.
- Will assist with project clarification during installation.
- Will be called upon in certain situations to perform the duties of a Project Manager to oversee larger more complex installations.
- Works closely and collaboratively with multiple BDM’s and the Director of Operations to ensure the highest level of customer responsiveness, and customer support in sales related matters.
- Travel to visit customers and perform in-person activities as assigned by management to support the sales efforts of the team.
- Achievement of Regional New Business Objectives as assigned by Management
- Timely response to Field Sales, Product Sales and Customer Inquiries.
- Documentation is complete, clear, and concise, in accordance with all governing policies and procedures.
- On-Time performance for resolution/review of projects.
- Timely submission of all call reports and monthly activity reports.
- Results Oriented Attitude / Passion to succeed
- Ability to motivate others
- Self Management / Personal Drive
- Sense of Timing and Urgency
- Time Management / Prioritization
- Accountability / Taking Responsibility
- Ability to negotiate a win-win
- Attention to detail
- Ability to ask intuitive questions to scope out a problem
The successful candidate will be eligible to participate in a clearly defined bonus structure
The Ideal Candidate:
Experience working B2B sales involving complex deals worth upwards of $1,000,000
Experience working in the security industry is a requirement
College or university degree in a technical related field an asset
Certifications from manufacturers that are current and up to date in relevant Lines of Business (LOB).
PMP, PSP, CPP or other security management designations would be an asset.
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.