We are currently looking to fill the position of Area Manager within TDR Transportation and Logistics based out of Corner Brook, NL.
The Area Manager is responsible for the implementation of business measures and strategies related to the ongoing and prospective business. They will be responsible for building and leading a team varying from courier to class 1 highway drivers through; coaching, mentoring, performance management and hiring. Further, they will ensure efficient workflow, quality processes standards, health and safety and the overall logistics meeting delivery standards and operational goals. The incumbent will also be responsible for supporting through escalations and problem solving while identifying opportunities to mitigate future issues and risks.
- Oversee day-to-day office management tasks, ensuring that all safety regulations are adhered to. (Adherence to master route schedules, communication devices, checklist, vehicles, repairs & maintenance, investigate daily shipment management variances).
- Customer service, ensuring service levels are maintained and customer satisfaction achieved.
- Management of other staff ensuring all training needs are met, performance is monitored, and feedback provided at regular intervals.
- Preparation and or feedback in relation to various reports, budgets and other documentation as required.
- Maintaining quality management and other regulatory compliance strategies in line with company policies/procedure.
- Accountable to ensure scheduling requirements; granting time off requests, overtime shifts, authorizing all schedule changes
- Work with HR in the area(s) of recruitment, hiring, discipline and terminations, attendance and performance management and coaching.
- Manage implementation of workflow changes within the sites (identify, implement and manage change).
- Delivery on service & quality standards (accuracy, documentation, regulatory compliance, health and safety, etc.)
- Responsible for regular utilization of logistics reports and determines root cause and implementation of corrective actions ensuring appropriate escalation of issues for resolution.
- Sets departmental SMART goals and works with the team to achieve goals.
- Participate in meetings with Human Resources and where applicable to investigate grievances and other employee issues.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies, procedures and practices as well as external regulations.
- Strong organizational skills together with the ability to multi-task are essential.
- Comprehensive knowledge of operations management.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills, together with strong interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving including decision making under pressure.
- Excellent written and literacy skills.
- Requires full valid Driver’s license, clean driving abstract.
- Class 1 considered an asset for backup situations.
- Operations experience required; courier transportation sector preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
The Municipal Group offer a comprehensive benefit package including matched company pension plan and a competitive wage with this position.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $46,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year