Now present on 5 continents, LCI Education network has 23 post-secondary campuses and approximately 3,000 employees who train more than 17,000 students worldwide each year in several fields of study including: Fashion, Arts and Design; Beauty; VFX and video games; Humanities and Social Sciences; Management and Technologies; Hotel Management and Tourism, etc.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Senior Payroll Manager (Master Payroll) will be responsible for overseeing all activities related to payroll administration for the organization, which has approximately 1,200 unionized and non-unionized employees.
- Actively participate in the analysis and implementation of an integrated payroll system;
- Coordinate and supervise the work of payroll employees;
- Ensure that payroll processing complies with government agencies and/or the collective agreement;
- Document and participate in the implementation of internal controls related to payroll;
- Validate and approve payroll;
- Ensure that payroll deadlines are met;
- Ensure planning and execution of year-end payroll processes are properly done(T4 and RL-1 slip, RREGOP, Group RRSP, CNESST, etc.);
- Maintain up-to-date files of union dues deductions and other contributions;
- Prepare the various internal and external audit reports;
- Identifying internal problems or opportunities for improvement related to payroll, analyzes and implements solutions in collaboration with the other functions and operations of the organization;
- Oversee the handling of payroll query issues;
- Set up the necessary configuration to pay employees correctly;
- Act as a resource person for payroll outsourcing with Ceridian-Dayforce;
- Participate in the realization of initiatives and optimization of payroll processes;
- Document and regularly update payroll process documentation;
- Ensure the proper application of the company's administrative policies and procedures;
- Act as an advisor for all payroll-related questions from various stakeholders.
- Any other related tasks or duties.
- College or university degree in accounting or relevant experience;
- CPA Payroll Compliance Specialist or Payroll Manager certification (asset);
- Knowledge of Income Tax (Taxation, DRR, QPP, EI, QPIP), Labour Standards and CNESST;
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years experience in a similar position in a dynamic and complex environment;
- Knowledge of Ceridian's Dayforce platform is an important asset;
- Experience in the field of education is an asset;
- Previous experience in HRIS management (asset);
- Very good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Bilingual, both written and spoken.
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Strong sense of responsibility;
- Discretion and confidentiality;
- Great attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Excellent ability to manage time and priorities;
- Positive and constructive approach, focused on client satisfaction;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment;
- Excellent organizational and priority management skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment; Excellent organizational and priority management skills; Take initiative.
- International company established for over 60 years;
- Constantly growing network;
- Full-time permanent position;
- Continuing education program;
- Daycare in the workplace;
- Group insurance, including EAP and telemedicine;
- Retirement savings plan;
- Health and Wellness Program (including lunchtime yoga classes);
- Sick days and personal days;
- Business located in downtown Montreal, ideal for public transit;
- Parking available at a preferred rate.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted. To lighten the text, we follow the rule that allows the masculine gender to be used with the value of neutral. We subscribe to an equal access program.