The Operations Manager will be responsible for the daily operation of the Stellarton NS Facility, overseeing all aspects of operations. Do you have experience with operations, supply chain, manufacturing, and/or logistics within the food or horticulture industry? This includes planning projects, scheduling manpower logistics, post-harvest and completing tasks within specified timelines. The Operations Manager will also be required to coordinate with others where necessary, working to adapt and implement company policies and procedures, both internally, as per the Cannabis Act and Regulations, and with respect to operations, quality assurance and facility security protocols. The Operations Manager will be responsible to manage all Operations costs and to coordinate Operations activities to ensure the coordination of various departments throughout the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily oversight of the facilities operational programs and departments forecasting and communicating updates and plans to the Director of Facility Operations
- Working with and leading the facility management team to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Operations team
- Leading daily meetings with the Operations staff and articulating departmental priorities on a daily/weekly basis; ensuring work plans are designed and executed in conjunction with priorities
- Developing and implementing Operations plans following standard operating procedures (SOP) in collaboration with the Quality Assurance team and Lead Operations teams
- Management of the Operations team; training and supervision to build out the department and ensure that all personnel receive ongoing instruction and evaluation, while continually expanding their diverse skill sets
- Overseeing the entire Operations and distribution process from seed to distribution.
- Knowledge and compliance with GPP, GMP and GLP
- Identify and report to the Director of Facility Operations if potential bottlenecks or hazards in Operations and forecasting begin to arise
- Communicate and coordinate activities and schedules to all Operations departments and management
- Enforce and maintain all documentation in accordance to standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met for premises and equipment used for cultivation, harvest, preparation, packaging, storage, infusion and sale of cannabis are maintained in clean and sanitary conditions
- Assist Health Canada auditors with inventory, sales and compliance audits
- Duties may include opening and closing the facility including responding to facility alarms.
- Other duties as assigned byDirector of Facility Operations
- Bachelor of business or similar degree and/or diploma in operations or logistics management
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an Facility Operations role, preferable with a licensed producer, large greenhouse or nursery operation (produce, flowers or ornamental plants) or a combination of education and experience
- Strong organizational skills having managed multiple employees and teams.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Health Canada (HC) Security Clearance (previous HC Security Clearance is an asset)
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior, strong attention to detail. Follow Organization’s policies and contribute towards the goal of achieving Operations targets within set timelines
- Experience with Hazard Awareness, GPP, GMP & Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) systems would be an asset
- Analytical process review and able to prepare documents
- Pesticide applicator License will be required
- Must have good judgement and discretion, sensitivity to confidential matters is required
- Good communication skills and ability to think strategically and problem solve
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Security Clearance: Security Clearance may be requested for this position
Working Hours: Salaried Position - Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm, this position will require after hours or extended hours based on activity
Physical Requirements: None
Zenabis is quickly becoming a key player in the rapidly growing Canadian cannabis industry. As a publicly traded company (TSX: ZENA) with over 30 years of experience in commercial agriculture, we have the potential to become one of the largest licensed producers of medical and adult-use cannabis in the world. We are a diverse and passionate team of doctors, scientists, cultivators, educators, and advocates with the same goal: to increase access to high quality cannabis products.
While headquartered in downtown Vancouver, Zenabis’ facilities are located coast to coast across Canada. As the reach of our products continues to expand nationwide and internationally, we are looking for exceptional talent to propel our company to the next level. Join us as we help build this budding industry! For more information, please visit: https://www.zenabis.com.
Job Type: Full-time