LANGLEY COMMUNITY SERVICES –JOB POSTING ADM -01-21
Job Title: Administrative Assistant I
Start Date: As soon as Possible
Salary: Hourly rate ($18.98- 22.11) – depending on qualifications and experience
Hours: (Casual position) on call
Date: July 20, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Langley Community Services Society is a well-established and respected agency that has been serving the community for over 50 years. We are a dynamic, passionate, curious, and energetic team dedicated to enriching the lives of Langley residents. We believe that people and culture are our strongest assets, and our core values revolve around Inclusion and Diversity, Integrity and Respect, Dedication and Excellence and Collaboration and Partnerships. We are looking for a likeminded individual to join us!
The Administrative Assistant I provide a variety of reception and general clerical support in the head office of the Society and is the first impression of the organization. Maintains various records, files and related filing systems. As part of the team, the Administrative Assistant I meet and greets clients and the public and also provides clerical support to Program Managers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Answers phone and /or in person inquiries and routes to appropriate staff members as required. Provides other support duties related to program areas such as providing information to clients or visitors.
· Greets client/suppliers/visitors to the Society in a professional and friendly manner
· Assists with client intake by obtaining basic information, assisting in completing forms and booking appointment with staff in accordance with established guidelines
· Sorts and distributes incoming mail and processes outgoing mail/deliveries
· Provides data input support such as correspondence, meeting minutes, forms, client information, updating database and sending reports as required, such as client letters and internal memoranda.
· Maintains and updates general information and referral resources for the programs including ensuring supply of up-to-date handouts and resource material are available in the public information area.
· Distributes and posts printed information for clients, families, staff and others
· Performs general data entry functions such as inputting information into databases and contact lists. Maintains and updates filing, supplies, mailing lists
· Arranges meetings, schedules appointment, books rooms for meetings. Prepares agendas and takes minutes at meetings as required.
· Ensures that office, meeting rooms, kitchen and other areas are maintained in a clean and tidy manner.
· Performs general word processing and typing from rough draft or general instruction, including correspondence, forms and documents
· Operates a variety of office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, fax equipment and multiline switchboard and postage meter
· Takes inventory, orders and receives materials, supplies and services
Education, Training and Experience:
· Grade 12 plus completion of a program of up to one year in secretarial training or office administration.
· Minimum of 1 years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of both
· Proven expertise in various word processing and office software programs, including Microsoft office.
· The Administrative assistant reports to the Program Manager.
Required competencies: skills, abilities, training
· Friendly and outgoing personality with a can-do attitude
· Ability to work within a multi-cultural and diverse work environment.
· Demonstrated ability to type 50 words / minute.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Excellent oral and written English language skills.
· Familiar with using databases and Microsoft office software.
· Able to work independently and as part of a team to provide quality services in the reception area
· Flexibility to work in an often-changing environment.
· This is a union position.
· This position is open to all qualified applicants.
· Criminal Record Check is required.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $18.98-$22.11 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- administrative assistant: 1 year (required)