The Township of South-West Oxford is seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual to accept the challenge of this diverse entry level position. You will be provided with an opportunity to work in a positive team environment across numerous departments while gaining extensive experience in the workings of municipal government including finance, emergency services, building services; health services, parks and recreation and administration.
Your established skills in customer service and Microsoft Office plus your ability to learn and expand on the uses of software related to fire (FirePro), building (Amanda), electronic records and workflows (Laserfiche) and finance (Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics) will assist in the streamlining of work processes.
Your positive attitude and proactive approach in serving our community combined with your willingness to engage in team development will assist the municipality in realizing its’ goal to develop and deliver municipal services for the growth and well-being of our community.
General Responsibilities: Under the guidance of the Treasurer the successful candidate will provide support to Building, Emergency, Finance, Health and Parks & Recreation Services. The job description is currently under review.
- Completion of a three (3) year college or specialized program in Business, Accounting or related discipline is preferred; or equivalent work experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word);
- Experience with FirePro, Amanda, Laserfiche software (Township is willing to train the successful candidate);
- Displays strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to provide an appropriate criminal records check;
- Ability to work with and contribute positively to a service-oriented team where team members feel involved, included and supported.
Job Description can be found at: http://www.swox.org/Portals/1/Documents/Admin%20Assistant%20Protective%20and%20Health%20Services.pdf
Application deadline: 2020-07-31
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $41,914.60-$53,397.80 per year
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our staff safe we have installed glass barriers and are restricting the access of the public to specific areas of the building. Masks, gloves and hand sanitizer are provided to staff and are readily available