Reporting directly to the Controller of Plant and Planning Services, the Plant Operations Manager provides centralized supervision, leadership and training for school-based custodial staff and for maintenance staff operating from a Regional Work Centre. The Plant Operations Manager visits and inspects all schools on a regular basis and coordinates work orders and facility operations contracts, services, including after-hours response. The Plant Operations Manager liaises with School Administration to respond to cleaning, maintenance and health and safety issues. The incumbent has well-developed communication and problem solving skills.
· Minimum Community College Graduate with a three (3) year Diploma in Business Management and/or Technology;
· Between four and five years supervisory experience in facility operations;
· Occupational Health and Safety Core Certification - Level 3 and WHIMS Training;
· Operation of Small Drinking Water Systems Certification – Safe Drinking Water Act;
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
· Excellent diplomatic skills;
· Good knowledge Ontario Building Code, Ontario Fire Code, Ontario Electrical Code, Ontario Plumbing Code, Canadian Safety Standards, WHMIS, OHS Act. Environmental Protection Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, Play Space Regulations, Labour Relations Act, Employment Standards Act, Board Policies and Procedures; CUPE Collective Agreement;
· Computer literate, knowledge and experience in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs in keeping with latest programs supplied by Board;
· Knowledge of in-house computer programs considered an asset
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must provide a Criminal Background Check (CBC) with vulnerable sector screening current within six months of date of hire.
Closing date: July 10, 2020 by 4:00pm
While we thank all those who have applied, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices – Please notify the above if you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (A.O.D.A.) the Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We will make the necessary accommodations for applicants with disabilities to support all aspects of the recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require assistance with any accommodations.
Reference ID: SS#107-19-20-MGR
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,461.00 - $97,626.00 per year
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- supervisory: 3 years (Required)