This position is responsible for directing a group of operations area managers in the overall fulfillment of operations. Ensures strategic operational plans are developed and implemented within the site, and analyzes and reports on the achievement of site key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Conducts operational analyses of the receiving, order-filling, and shipping functions to ensure efficiency and effective coordination between the functions. Identifies improvement opportunities and submits recommendations to maximize current operations or plan for operational changes.
- Collects, reviews, and analyzes operational information [key performance indicators (KPI’s), TPR, budget reports, operational expenditures and other controls] on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Works with operations managers to define, coordinate, and develop solutions for department or area specific requirements and problems.
- In coordination with General Manager, researches new operations processes in terms of the capital and human resources required. Develops equipment layout, work process and/or technology utilization specifications that meet output requirements to maximize material logistics processes.
- Identifies and manages priorities to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded. Participates in and may delegate or manage responsibilities of special projects or task forces.
- Provides ongoing support, coaching and development of operations managers, including the establishment of annual performance objectives, conducting performance discussions, making compensation recommendations, and conducting succession planning and skill development discussions.
- Supports, develops, and trains direct reports on the interpretation and application of all employment related programs and procedures, including Health and Safety, in order to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and company policy. Ensures the active promotion of open communications and the Walmart way.
- Ensures the smooth flow of communication between operations and the support functions in order to create consistency and clarity of direction on operational projects and priorities and awareness of support function requirements.
Canada Walmart Division
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a management role leading a large team within a warehousing, supply chain or logistics environment. Start-Up experience desirable.
- Strong overview of all supply chain management areas with a deep appreciation and understanding of warehousing.
- Warehousing Grocery experience in both a cold chain and an automated conveyor environment preferable.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated application of process improvement principles such as Six Sigma, TQM, Lean or other continuous improvement methodologies to identify and reduce/eliminate waste in all areas of the supply chain.
- Able to work in a refrigerated industrial environment where temperatures are as extreme as -25 degrees Celsius.
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills including trouble shooting, data management including research, interpretation and analysis. Ability to practice goal-directed thinking / action in situations for which no routine solutions exist.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business Management, Operations Management, or Inventory Control.
- Advanced level of experience in warehousing logistics, operations and support services or quality assurance.
- Issue management skills including problem solving and trouble-shooting; information gathering including research, interpretation and analysis (i.e. client and system requirements, description of problems, etc.); and conflict management.
- Project management skills including needs analysis, information gathering, research, analysis, and reporting skills; preparing and maintaining detailed project plans.
- Managerial skills including selection, coaching and counseling team members, evaluating performance, team building, and administration and operational planning including budgeting and resource allocation.
- Responsible for leading a high-performing team. Results-driven leader who can mentor and help grow direct reports is a must.
- A strong proponent and behavior-modeler of Active Leadership. Is approachable and visible in the warehouse daily and works in collaborative partnership with Operations Management at the site and other sites, National as well as develops good working relationships with Support departments and Team Members.
- Communication skills (verbal, written, facilitation) including an ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Time management skills including an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines under pressure.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
Communication skills (verbal, written, facilitation) including an ability to interact with all levels of the organization