GHC Safety and SecurityIs located in Wellington County, between Fergus and Arthur, and was founded in 1987. As a result of the evolution from our roots as a home security company to servicing commercial and municipal security, our clientèle ranges from single homeowners to Fortune 500 companies. We are in the business of providing a workable, cost-effective solution to enhance the safety and security of our customers and the people that are important to them. This means protecting our clients’ assets and revenue by establishing effective loss prevention programs to maintaining customer loyalty through reliable and indispensable customer service and satisfaction.
We are continuing to grow and are looking for a Security Technician to join the team. As Security Technician you will cable, install, inspect, troubleshoot, and repair a variety of electronic security products and equipment, such as burglary alarm systems, fire protection systems, video surveillance, access control, structured cabling & networking, and electronic gates for both residential clients and small to large companies.
Due to our commitment to serving our customers with high quality service, the work we do can be very demanding. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and unafraid of hard work. You are comfortable communicating and managing the expectations of a variety of customers. You are able to communicate effectively with the rest of the GHC team in order to assure timely and satisfactory solutions for the customers. You must be prepared and comfortable working at heights as you may find yourself on a roof top in extreme weather conditions. You will also be responsible to complete accurate daily paperwork and to maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Install and program new alarm and security systems, to include CCTV, IP Camera Systems, Intercom, Electronic Gates, and Access Control.
- Identify risks to customers and provide effective solutions
- Conduct routine preventative maintenance on alarm systems
- Monitor inventory of service parts
- Accurate completion of product installation reports, daily job reports, time sheets and expense reports
- Previous experience in security installation, maintenance, or other related fields such as telco or networking.
- Computer skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to absorb new information
- Familiarity with hand and power tools
- Ability to handle physical workload, physical strength and stamina, ability to lift and move heavy objects
- Strong attention to detail
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
- Awareness of and respect for safety regulations
- Ability to work at heights, sometimes with aerial devices and a ladder as required
- Able to work outdoors
- Reliable daily attendance
- Be available for overtime when required
- Have reliable transportation
- Project Management Experience
- Experience with products lines such as Digital Watchdog, Keyscan, RBH, DSC, Avigilon, and Aiphone
- Man Lift Certificate
- Fall Protection Certificate
- Confined Spaces Certificate
- Working at Heights Certificate
Credentials (certificates, licenses):
Valid Driver’s license
Comfortable driving and willing to travel in Southern Ontario, including the GTA
Security and Safety:
Clean Criminal Record
Clean Drivers Abstract
Steel-toed safety boots and hard ha
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $29.00 /hour
- Security Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Preferred)