Come join the exciting world of aviation!! You might say we have our head in the clouds and our feet on the ground. We’re visionaries who saw an opportunity to shake up the airline catering industry, and with some hard work we’ve managed to make that pie-in-the-sky notion a reality. We offer quality fare while keeping costs low which sets us apart.
- Transport Driver - Lead assist in communicating policies and procedures within their operation. Lead agents assist with directing and coordinating activities to provide a safe environment for employees while maintaining fast and efficient services. This position requires working in a fast paced environment with time constraints to meet arrival and departure goals. A professional and positive image must be consistently displayed by the employee. “Lead by Example” concept is strongly promoted.
- Transport Driver - Lead must report to work on a regular and timely basis and will report directly to the supervisor and/or manager on duty
- Performs all functions of Commissary 2 Agents, as needed
- Ensure employees are in compliance with uniform, appearance, and personnel protective equipment policies (safety toe shoes, uniform cleanliness, and jewelry)
- Works in conjunction with the team and remains within the footprint of each assigned flight to oversee the safe and timely operation
- Delegate and assign daily flight responsibilities among warehouse team members and assign all team members
- Actively participates in the Safety Management System (SMS)
- Conduct appropriate operational/safety briefings on pre- arrival/departure for each flight; ensure warehouse set up and preparation is performed
- Follow and enforce all airline standard operating procedures
- Ensure aircraft is loaded in accordance with operational instruction
- Ensure hearing protection is on hand for each flight and safety vests are worn in all areas requiring PPE.
- Ensure foreign object debris walks are performed accordingly
- All aircraft issues are reported to the flight crew
- Intelex (Safety Management System – SMS) is generated and sent out within 3 hours of occurrence
- Complete DFR’s, catering logs, temperature logs for refrigeration and catering containers
- Coordinate the release of catering, bond, and commissary requirements for each flight; follow all airline SOP in accordance with training
- Delegate job duties as required and ensure completion
- Able to work as a team or work independently without direct supervision
- Ensure the ops manager is notified of any changes to the operation
- Adhere to all policies and follow established procedures
- Participate in required meetings providing input and recommendations
- Provides assistance with ongoing training and support to all staff
- Coordination and oversight of aircraft turnaround activities
- Ensure that processes are delivered within SLA standards and compliance limits while adhering to safety requirements
- Responsible for the safety and security of all employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work on a permanent basis in Canada
- Obtain a clear criminal record
- Must obtain necessary airport and/or Transport Canada security clearances
- Must obtain necessary airport vehicle operators permit
- Must be capable of lifting/pushing/pulling up to 70lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to work within the required time parameters
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and varying schedules
- Must successfully complete airline and corporate specific training programs and recertification
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Above average organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Confident, consistent, decisive personality
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong work ethic
Thank you for your application with Sky Cafe Ltd. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer who agrees not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, or age.