Scorpion Oilfield Services Ltd. is an oilfield production services company based out of Lashburn, SK and we are looking for a highly motivated, reliable 1st or 2nd year Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic to add to our team.
We offer competitive wages and a benefit package.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain all heavy-duty equipment and/or related equipment in a timely fashion
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications
- Perform routine maintenance work
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Understanding of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems and components
- Have a concern for safety and awareness of safe working procedures
- Ability to multi task, detail oriented, positive attitude, and team player
- The ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team
- Mechanical aptitude with strong knowledge of parts and repairs
- Must hold the following valid safety tickets (or willing to obtain):
Confined Space Entry & Monitor; Standard First Aid & CPR; H2S Alive
- Valid Class 1 or 3 License with Clean Abstract
Please note that relocation assistance is not provided and that this is a local, not camp related job.
Job Type: Full-time
- mechanical inspection: 1 year (Required)