St. George International College (SGIC) is a busy ESL school located downtown Toronto. Our students come from all over the world and come to learn English for a variety of different reasons. SGIC is a close-knit school where everyone knows you and you feel like you are part of a work family. Our teachers are dedicated to their work and really love what they do. We are currently looking for a Part Time ESL Teacher who is TESL certified, has teaching experience, has personality and energy, and loves teaching. If you meet all the qualifications, send us your resume.
At SGIC we are looking for passionate teachers with a real love of teaching to join our team. Our school boasts a diverse student body of adult ESL learners from all over the world. Our small class sizes promote learning and help teachers and students to create a meaningful relationship. If you meet the qualifications listed below, send in your resume and come see why SGIC is a great place to work and teach!
ESL Teachers are responsible for:
- Teaching according to a pre-set curriculum
- Adding supplemental exercises and activities as needed
- Plan your lessons in advance and be prepared to teach
- Communicating with staff regarding student concerns
- Marking tests, presentations and assignments in a timely manner
- Being prepared to teach class each day (making photocopies, getting supplies prior to class, etc.)
- Enforcing school rules and regulations
- Being punctual
- Keeping accurate records with regards to grades and attendance
- Assigning homework (online and paper)
- Provide students with regular feedback
- Correct student’s mistakes with English in a positive manner
- TESL certified (Ontario or Canada)
- Bachelor Degree (any major)
- ESL teaching experience in Canada
- Native-like fluency
- Energy and a passion for your job
Job Type / Category:
This position works in a classroom environment. The working hours are from 9:00 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. Monday to Friday (25 hours a week).
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time