Lions Housing Centres
Lions Housing Centres requires Casual Tenant Companions
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Experience in long term care settings an asset.
- Supportive Housing experience preferred.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Organizational abilities, with a particular emphasis on time management.
- Good interpersonal skills and an expressed willingness to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- A valid Food Handlers Certificate
- Read, write and speak English
- Directly providing support and supervision for residents, creating a safe and warm traditional home environment,
- Assisting residents with personal care. This includes moderate housekeeping, laundry, medication reminders, meal preparation and clean up,
- Regular communication with families,
- Providing daily social, physical, and recreational activities for the residents, and
- Attending staff meetings and educational sessions (particularly in the area of Alzheimer and dementia care).
Job Type: Casual
- long term care: 1 year (Preferred)