Lanark, Leeds and Grenville Addictions and Mental Health (LLGAMH) offers services and programs to people who are experiencing addiction or mental health issues. It is our goal to ensure that clients have the skills and tools in place to live rewarding lives.
Brockville, Ontario is strategically located east of Kingston and southwest of Ottawa along the beautiful St. Lawrence river in the heart of the 1000 Islands region. At LLGAMH, we are committed to living our values: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Equality (ICARE).
LLGAMH provides several specialized programs including residential substance-abuse treatment facilities (male and female), mental health group homes, addiction counselling including a specialized Opioid program, and case management services. Additionally LLGAMH provides programs focused on recreation therapy, hoarding, LGBTQ+, vocational, therapeutic justice and partner assault.
Our agency continues to evolve as we strive to meet the needs expressed by our clientele. Our “one door – one number” philosophy ensures easy and simple access to the tools and support you need.
The Case Manager - Opioid Program provides client-centered service that enables clients and their caregivers to achieve their highest level of functioning and independence consistent with their values, priorities, capabilities and preferences for care. Any ongoing assessment process and the collaborative identification of changing needs and optimum outcomes will be a critical part of the Case Manager role. Also, by mobilizing and integrating formal and informal support networks the Case Manager will deliver services to clients that will also ensure the fiscally responsible use of appropriate resources to achieve the desired outcomes for clients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Providing case work services to clients of Opioid Clinics throughout Lanark, Leeds and Grenville
- Establishing a therapeutic relationship which is client-centered and based on a partnership.
- Helping individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and addiction to achieve their highest level of functionality possible in the least restrictive setting.
- Providing interventions that coordinate client services in a fragmented addiction and mental health system.
- Remaining a constant and ongoing support for clients even when their needs and use of services change.
- Work with the client to develop a strategy/plan to reduce the client’s risk of experiencing mental health crisis, including what actions by who and when, if client does experience a crisis/challenge in their recovery process.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client files.
- Work with client to increase personal skills both internal and external to assist in symptom management and facilitate recovery process.
- Provide outreach to increase access to additional community based services for individuals with opioid addiction needs.
Education, Training and Experience:
- University degree in a health related discipline or equivalent education/work experience in mental health and addictions.
- Certificate in Addictions and/or PSR will be considered an asset.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a social service agency with at least 3 years spent in adult mental health and addictions.
- Completion of specialized training/course(s) in supporting individuals who are substance using/dependent preferred.
- Additional training in harm reduction considered is an asset.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ministry of Health and Long Term Care guidelines, PSR Code of Ethics.
- An understanding of the Recovery Philosophy and application of same in client goal planning and direct service.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently.
- A clear understanding of and ability to demonstrate professional ethics, boundaries, and judgement.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Requires analytical skills to gather and disseminate data from different sources.
- A high level of independent decision making skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and average computer and keyboarding skills.
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s Licence, insurance and access to a vehicle.
Reference ID: 2021-27
Application deadline: 2021-06-17
Expected start date: 2021-07-02
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $27.84-$29.59 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care