Fall 2020; Prince Edward Island Instant Energy Savings Fall Campaign
Position: Instant Energy Savings Event Representative
Job Type: Contract, Customer Engagement
Program Dates: Weekends between Sept. 11 – Dec. 6
Hourly Wage: $15/hour
Various retail locations across Prince Edward Island.
In Fall 2020, Summerhill will be delivering efficiency PEI’s Instant Energy Savings program. This program will be offering rebates to residential customers in Prince Edward Island on eligible energy-efficient products at retail stores.
Summerhill is dedicated to developing, implementing, and managing public engagement, and market transformation programs that lead to measurable improvements in energy savings.
We are seeking outgoing individuals to join our team as Event Representatives to promote the Prince Edward Island Fall Instant Energy Savings Program. Event Representatives will be responsible for engaging and educating customers on the benefits of the technologies being promoted.
The ideal candidate will possess strong customer service skills, an enthusiastic disposition, and will have a genuine interest in the environment and energy conservation.
· Actively approach and engage participants in event promotion
· Educate customers on energy-efficient choices and related product knowledge (training will be provided)
· Set up and wrap up event area/booth
· Submit event reports after each customer engagement events in a timely manner
· Report if promoted items are out of stock, and find out when/if it will be restocked
· Provide excellent customer service
· Coordinate with appropriate lead if additional marketing material is needed
· Liaise and coordinate with store management and/or Summerhill as needed
· Address customer concerns and escalate as appropriate
· Attend paid online and in-person training
Job Qualifications/ Requirements
· A genuine interest in the environment and energy conservation
· Strong interpersonal skills; outgoing personality to approach new customers and engage in conversation
· Strong verbal and written skills in English
· Self-motivated with a high level of reliability
· Ability to work independently or as part of a dynamic team
· Demonstrate a friendly and professional manner and appearance
· Ability to use internet applications
· Access to a computer with high-speed internet
· Education or experience in energy efficiency or related field – considered an asset
· Able to remain in a stationary position for the duration of the shift (typically 6 hours)
· **CSA footwear is required for all Home Depot locations
The Prince Edward Island Fall Instant Energy Savings Retail Program will be running from Sept. 11 to Dec. 6. It will be incentivizing residential consumers to make energy efficiency upgrades in their homes. In conjunction with the program, efficiencyPEI will also be conducting in-store events to educate customers on the benefits of energy-efficient products and the program. Staff will be required to attend a training session before events. Training will include information on the rebate program, different technologies and products and customer engagement strategies.
Mandatory Training Schedule
Available upon request
Date: Sept. 8, 2020
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
Job Contact Information
To apply, please submit a resume and short cover by clicking the link below
Summerhill welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Summerhill is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 3 months
Part-time hours: 12 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Summerside, PE (Required)