Retail partner / Merchandising Representative
West Coast Seeds Customer Service/Sales Reps are responsible for servicing the needs of our Retail Partner Customers in a given geographic territory.
Customer Service/Sales Rep Job Duties:
- Service existing retail accounts, delivers, cleans and fills display racks, Growing Guide catalogues, and installs seed displays.
- Does regular inventory counts to monitor sales of retail seeds, delivers seed orders, and restocks and tidies displays as required.
- The most important aspect of Retail Merchandising is representing the company. The organization and cleanliness of displays is essential to our business and should be job #1.
- Collects custom orders from Retail Partners and delivers them along with completed Count Sheets to West Coast Seeds Retail Partner Co-coordinator for processing.
- Works with Manager and Retail Partner Co-coordinator to organize daily work schedule to call on existing or potential new sales outlets.
- Loads vehicle with seed orders, displays, and catalogues required for the day’s route.
- As the public face of West Coast Seeds, reps are responsible for building and maintaining productive, open and cordial relations with Retail Partners, their customers and the general public.
- Reps must have a good working knowledge of West Coast Seeds products and operations so as to be able to answer questions posed by Retail Partners or the public during the performance of their duties. Must have detailed knowledge of the WCS Growing Guide.
- Keeps management informed of issues, inquiries, and market intelligence gathered during conversations with Retail Partners.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; making recommendations to management.
- May be required to pick retail orders for delivery.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Excellent English skills, Customer Service, Organization, Territory Management, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Client Relationships, must be physically able to lift and carry displays, and 50-pound boxes, and is a good driver with valid license.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Part-time
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)