As one of the leaders in the development and implementation of asset management software, Deighton offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity; where customer satisfaction is a fundamental value and where you can realize your personal and professional goals. Explore Deighton’s opportunities, whether you’re a student, recent graduate, experienced professional, or someone looking for new career growth in a dynamic industry
Deighton Associates Limited (Deighton) has established itself as one of the world leaders in providing asset management systems and asset management expertise at the strategic, tactical, and operational levels for agencies around the world. Recognized as the premier software product for infrastructure asset management, dTIMS® is used to manage large infrastructure networks in Africa, Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe, New Zealand, and the United States. These infrastructure networks include hundreds of thousands of miles of pavements, thousands of bridges, and millions of wastewater, storm water, and fresh water distribution pipe assets.
Benefits and Perks
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Generous vacation policy
- Flex hours
Deighton Associates Ltd. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Our customers are State Departments of Transportations, Provinces, Cities, Toll Authorities, Transit Agencies, Federal Highway Administration, and Civil Engineering Firms.
Building and running services for Deighton is challenging but it is fun, rewarding and offers countless ways to positively impact the asset management industry.
The Accounts Payable Specialist-Payroll is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization. Their role is to complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. In addition to the various Accounts Payable tasks, the AP Specialist will also be responsible for tracking all employee compensation data within the financial journal to summarize all Deighton transactions and cash flow.
- Accounts payable invoice and data entry.
- Handling payments in an organized and timely manner,
in accordance with company policy.
- Internal credit card reconciliation.
- Responding to all vendor inquiries.
- Resolving payments and discrepancies and disputes on behalf
- Ensuring saving copies of invoices and supporting documents
is timely and accurately performed.
- Maintaining vendor information up to date in Business Central.
- Collecting banking information from the vendors for electronic
- Entering electronic payments in RBC online and submit for approval
to the supervisor.
- Updating and maintaining records of expenditures.
- Additional tasks as required.
- Providing information and answering employee questions about
payroll and related matters.
- Managing electronic timekeeping systems or manually collecting
and reviewing timesheets.
- Knowledge of calculating payable hours, tax withholdings, and
- Submitting the information to ADP on a biweekly basis.
- Reconciling Payroll Registers to internal records.
- Update and reconcile the employee benefits on a regular basis.
- Maintain employee records. Coordinating with HR to ensure correct
- 2+ years of experience working in an AP/Payroll position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant legal regulations.
- Able to prioritize and multitask effectively.
A University degree or College degree in finance or related experience.