Summary of Position
Responsible to perform the duties and responsibilities of the rooms attendant. Responsible for maintaining optimum customer service and the housekeeping department standards. Cleaning cottages on Fridays and Sundays as needed.
- Enrolled in High School
- Ability to communicate and comprehend both orally and written in English with employees and customers.
- WHMIS certificate.
- High School Diploma or Vocational equivalent
- Previous hotel and resort experience
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment i.e. vacuum.
- Excellent customer service skills in order to maintain an exceptional rapport with customers and employees.
- Ability to follow directions and work in a timely manner.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently and focus on details.
Physical Effort required to perform the job:
- Long periods of standing and walking.
- Frequent bending, stretching kneeling and lifting.
- Repetitive arm and shoulder movements are required for cleaning.
- Frequent lifting of laundry bags, linens, towels, tables, flip charts, TV’s, VCR’s and chairs. Up to a maximum of 25lbs
- Repetitive pulling, lifting, reaching, bending and movement are required.
Room Attendant responsibilities:
- Clean and make up cottages as per company standards and room assignments.
- Vacuuming, dust, and clean cottages.
- Responsible for maintaining and stocking all guest rooms reporting any malfunctioning equipment, broken furniture etc. to the Rooms Manager.
WORKING CONDITIONS while performing the job:
- Required to work out doors and indoors therefore climate will vary.
- Frequently required to work with a large variety of cleaning products.
- Independently clean cottages in a timely manner to guest standards.
Part-time hours: 18 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.65 per hour
- cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Severn Bridge, ON (Preferred)
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) (Preferred)