ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald's Ottawa team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Project Coordinator is located in Richmond, Ontario and typically reports directly to the Facility Manager. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing site and trade workers, including all aspects of building or facility maintenance in accordance with contract specifications.
Eligible candidates for this position must hold a Secret Security Clearance with Public Services Procurement Canada.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule and oversee technicians and subcontractors for the completion of preventative maintenance tasks and repair work, keeping client and end users aware of work activities
- Oversee facility service calls and dispatch appropriate staff and subcontractors to meet onsite needs
- Conduct site inspections, work audits and need assessments
- Ensure that required environmental, health and safety, security and quality assurance programs are implemented
- Provide support to onsite and offsite administrative staff in the day-to-day processing of payroll, work orders, purchase orders and additional work request management
- Provide input to monthly reports related to preventative maintenance task and repair work completion
- Ensure equipment maintenance manuals and standard operating procedures are reviewed and available
- Assist Facility Manager in ordering and stocking materials and supplies in accordance to contract specifications
- Assist Facility Manager to ensure all work is completed in accordance with contract requirements
Problem Solving and Innovation
A university degree or college diploma in engineering, business administration or related discipline would be considered an asset
Trade qualification and/or technical diploma (or equivalent facility experience and knowledge)
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
3-5 years of experience in a coordination or administrative role in Facility Management
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to hold and maintain a Secret security clearance
Experience with building materials and systems
Competency in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
Knowledge of Contract Management
Knowledge of Local and National electrical, building and fire codes
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.