Glasgow Hills Resort & Golf Club
98 Glasgow Hills Drive
P.O. Box 5518
Hunter River, PE
JOB POSITION: Servers
REPORTS TO: FOH Leader & F&B Manager
Our mission at Glasgow Hills is to have ‘exceptional people delivering an exceptional experience!’
As a Glasgow Hills team member, you play a significant role in helping us deliver that promise to all our guests this season.
As an exceptional person you will be hardworking, passionate about service and honest with your manager and fellow team members. You will arrive at work in great spirits with a positive attitude and you know when, where and how to have fun. You will communicate with your manager and fellow team members any suggestions, concerns, or ideas for improvement. Most importantly, you will allow your wonderful and unique personality to shine through each and every day to the benefit of our guests and all of us working alongside you!
Together we will all deliver exceptional products that are consistently of high quality. Most importantly, we will do everything within our abilities and job scope to make the Glasgow Hills experience as memorable as possible for our guests.
The Server reports directly to the Head Server, delivering the day-to-day operations and ensuring first class bar and restaurant service for our guests. Helping to create a visually appealing, inviting, and comfortable bar and restaurant from the time a guest walks in. Provide prompt, attentive and always professional service with a relaxed atmosphere. Communicate core values, code of conduct and lead by example.
- Know your shift – be self-sufficient in determining when you are working
- Arrive on time for shift, ready to work with all necessary tools of your trade
- Read/know Glasgow Hills Employee Handbook
- Read individual job description – know what you will be evaluated on
- Adhere to all Glasgow Hills Policies & Procedure (ex. Uniform, Appearance, Responsible
Alcohol Service, Food safety etc.)
- Turn off cell phones when working (text/call only on break)
- Rotate Breaks so that there is always cover-off
- Keep shift change requests to a minimum (only in emergencies)
- If, for any reason, unable to makeshift call your manager directly (no texts, emails, messages with others)
- Positive, cooperative attitude towards all staff members and guests
- Perform individual duties as assigned, without being asked
- High Attention to detail (standards, quality)
- High degree of communication and respect towards others in F&B
- When not busy, assist others with duties before being asked
- Look for ways to go “above and beyond” and recognize/support others doing so
- Bring any ways to improve costs (food and labor)/efficiencies to your manager
- Positive/ supportive communication of F&B towards Guests
- Pass any negative comments from Guests to Manager only
- Pass any perceived performance issues brought to your manager’s attention only
- Maintain confidentiality of keys, codes, files, logins, and Glasgow Hills intellectual property
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering the day-to-day operation of the restaurant including daily/weekly upkeep of server duties and checklists.
- Assisting with bartender duties as needed
- Working on the floor or behind the bar with other front of house staff
- Perform accurate food and beverage ordering and delivery for the day-to-day operation as well as events and special occasions
- Ensures that all food and beverage delivery and presentations meet restaurant's specifications and commitment to quality
- Maintains a safe, orderly, and sanitized restaurant. Demonstrates this by example, using proper food-handling and sanitation techniques
- Demonstrate proper “Responsible Service” protocol
- Liaising with Food and Beverage Manager, Bartender and Head Server to determine plans for special events, tournaments, and weddings
- Monthly inventory of alcohol/pop, if requested
- Meeting, greeting, and receiving feedback from customers
- The Server is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of Glasgow Hills
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Present food and beverage menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding items.
- Present and up sell drink specials and food items as directed by management.
- Prepare/Set up/Replenish stations and display cases for water, coffee, snacks, hot dogs, sandwiches etc. for guests
- Be aware and prepare for special events and functions for the week.
- Learn the names of patrons and personally recognize our members.
- Record orders accurately and immediately into the Point-of-Sale system.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and beverage service. o Know and follow Service Baseline guidelines for desired Pipers Dining Service
- Notify manager-on-duty any time a guest is not 100% satisfied with their experience.
- Provide proactive food & beverage refills
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process through the POS system, and return change to the guest quickly.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers before they ask.
- Prepare garnishes and condiments for food and drink items.
- Clear and reset tables in restaurant area.
- Maintain clean and stocked service and dining areas (front of house and back of house)
- Maintain proper clearing etiquette within the dish area of kitchen
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues to Head Server
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of restaurant inventory and supplies.
- Perform daily POS cash/tip out and maintain accurate float & lock up at end of shift
Customer expectations are high at Glasgow Hills and Pipers Restaurant and as such all applicants must understand that customer service is our number one priority. Creating a dining experience that our customers appreciate while seeing that quality and creativity at the Bar is never sacrificed. A strong Serving and Bartending background and previous experiences within the Hospitality industry are considered assets. Strong interpersonal and communications skills are a definite asset along with the ability to foster the development of a team first atmosphere. Having the ability to think on their feet, as well as create, produce, and serve on the fly. Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and oral/written communication skills is a plus. To work with a professional attitude and to have a strong work ethic.
To Be Determined
If you are interested in working in a dynamic customer first atmosphere in one of the Islands most scenic restaurants while being given the opportunity to learn new skills, please apply now. If you want further details on the position, please call Chef/F&B Manager Aaron Smith at (902)-621-2200. We invite any applicant to apply to above positions but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
While this outline attempts to be all encompassing, this position is expected to evolve beyond these categories. As you become more familiar with the operations of Glasgow Hills you will be expected to make suggestions on policies, procedures, and controls and to call on members of your management team to help you accomplish these objectives.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract, Part-time
Contract length: 3 months
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Supplemental pay types:
Glasgow Hills Resort & Golf Course follow all PEI Public Health Guidelines.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hunter River, PE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bartending: 1 year (preferred)
- Responsible Beverage (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-08-13