Are you good with numbers and have strong communication skills and are flexible? Interested in joining a driven and supportive team that is passionate about providing exceptional service and making a difference? Help improve efficiency throughout the health care system by supporting various hospital sites as an Accounts Receivable Cashier.
What you’ll do
- Collect and process payments, enter patient and hospital information into database and issue receipts for cash transactions.
- Prepare and post bills. Reconcile daily receipts and/or accounts to the general ledger.
- Prepare bank deposits and balances. Maintain records, daily receipts, and petty cash.
- Run and distribute system reports.
- Respond to inquiries, investigating and clearing discrepancies.
- Maintain extended care patient trust accounts, requesting and receiving deposits, processing charges and preparing statements as required.
- Receive patient valuables, verifying contents of envelopes, and release to patients on discharge according to PHSA policies and procedures.
What you bring
- Grade 12 graduation
- Successful completion of a recognized Accounting course
- Two (2) years’ recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in customer service, retail, reception, client relations, accounting, cashier or collections
- Proficiency in a language other than English an asset
- Type a minimum of 40 WPM
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Work well with others
- Operate related equipment (e.g. Microsoft Office)
What’s in it for you?
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
- Status: Casual (Casual is defined as on call with no guaranteed hours. Shifts can be called out via short call (1-5 hours of notice) or pre-booked).
- Location: Lions Gate Hospital and BC Children's and Women's Hospital- Must be willing to work at both locations
- Address: 4500 Oak St, Vancouver, BC V6H 3N1 and 231 15th St E, North Vancouver, BC V7L 2L7-Must be willing to work at both locations
- Hours: 08:00-16:00
- Department: Accounts Receivable
- Wage: $22.89/ per hour
- Closing date: Until Filled
- Reference #102778
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reference ID: 102778
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $22.89 per day
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Accounts Receivables: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounts Receivable: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Collecting customer payments in accordance with payment due dates